Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at our next game vs Virginia

vCash

Looking at our next game vs Virginia

Obviously we're going with MacLeod. I would imagine we will have the full pen available for a chance at starting 2-0. Who will we be facing from Virginia? RHP or LHP? Going to have to hit the ball to win the next one. It would be awesome if we could find a way to win, and do it without throwing Sims. He threw 50+ tonight, so in a perfect world we would use MacLeod, Johnson, and maybe Stinnett...get a W, and have a well rested Hootie and Sims for game 3. Tons of "ifs" there, but how do you guys see us pitching it on Tuesday? I still think hitting is key....gotta come out and swing the dang bats

vCash
    Can’t hold anything back. If we need Sims in the 9th, he gets the ball. No questions about it. We babied his arm all year for this tournament. Now I don’t think I would throw him 3 Innings, but he def gets the ball in the 9th no questions asked.

I don’t think Virgina is all they are made up to be. I think TN choked and Vitello is packing his bags for the Bayou…

vCash
    I would think we'll see Mike Vasil. He's a RHP with a 4.82 ERA, fewer than 9 K/9, and a WHIP of 1.53.

He seems to be their #2 guy. However, they do have seemingly all their best pens arms fresh and ready, so we may not see him for long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I would think we'll see Mike Vasil. He's a RHP with a 4.82 ERA, fewer than 9 K/9, and a WHIP of 1.53.

He seems to be their #2 guy. However, they do have seemingly all their best pens arms fresh and ready, so we may not see him for long.
    That?s what I?m thinking also. We will need to jump on them early and then hold on.

vCash
    Vasil plus all their pen. They did not use their best reliever vs Tennessee

UVA is fresh and ready to go

vCash
    VA lost in both the regional and supers. They aren't that good. Probably weakest team in it overall but they do have a pen. They burned their best pitcher in game one and they don't have a good starter behind him. More confident than I was about TX and I was confident about that game.

vCash
    7-5 type game Tuesday. Mac needs to have his command, with wind blowing out don't walk anyone.

vCash
    How long before Simms can pitch again?

vCash
    Actually expect UVA to start Griff McGary. He started Game 2 of their Super and was outstanding, 7 shutout innings with 10 K's. His numbers for the season are not great, though. He is basically their version of Cerantola. Major command issues at times, but when he is on, his stuff is electric.

Patient AB's will be the key against a guy like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    I would imagine he can throw an inning or so tomorrow if needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    I think you'd rather save him for our next game after Virginia. He threw close to 60 pitches last night. I'd be pretty surprised if we used him on Tuesday
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Before knowing much about Lemonis, Brian O?Connor was my first choice for our coach. I was never on that Schloss/Tadlock/McDonnell bandwagon. It?s going to be a tough game. LSU is crazy for not putting O?Connor as number 1 on their list unless I missed it and he already turned them down early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    VA lost in both the regional and supers. They aren't that good. Probably weakest team in it overall but they do have a pen. They burned their best pitcher in game one and they don't have a good starter behind him. More confident than I was about TX and I was confident about that game.
    ND swept them in the regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    ND swept them in the regular season.
    ND is the best team we've played in the post season so far and probably will be unless we face Vandy or Arizona in the title series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think you'd rather save him for our next game after Virginia. He threw close to 60 pitches last night. I'd be pretty surprised if we used him on Tuesday
    Disagree. A day off between games should make him fine for an inning if needed. And he gets two days off afterward if we win. This game is too important to have Sims watching from the dugout if it's a close game. A win means you get two shots to win one more game and you're in the championship. A loss means you have to win three games in three days and burn through a ton of pitching just to get to the finals on fumes.

Ideally it's a blowout win and we don't need him but it's clearly difficult to bank on something like that at this stage of the tournament.

vCash
    Sims can go 2 tomorrow, easy.

If Mac can give us 4 we can go Preston, Houston, Sims to finish her up granted we have the lead. Hopefully Mac stretches out longer but after 4 he needs to have an incredibly quick hook

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Can’t hold anything back. If we need Sims in the 9th, he gets the ball. No questions about it. We babied his arm all year for this tournament. Now I don’t think I would throw him 3 Innings, but he def gets the ball in the 9th no questions asked.

I don’t think Virgina is all they are made up to be. I think TN choked and Vitello is packing his bags for the Bayou…
    I think you are right!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Actually expect UVA to start Griff McGary. He started Game 2 of their Super and was outstanding, 7 shutout innings with 10 K's. His numbers for the season are not great, though. He is basically their version of Cerantola. Major command issues at times, but when he is on, his stuff is electric.

Patient AB's will be the key against a guy like him.
    This

vCash
    You have to win the first 2 games, so you pull out all the stops, whoever we need has to be available. Brian O'Connor said it best if you win the first game and lose the second game it really doesn't matter because you've put yourself in a bind.

vCash
    The real question is..... Do you plug in Hatcher at 1st base