Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
I've said it plenty of times already but judge her going forward and not from last year with the stopping and starting of play due to Covid, plus her being a new coach with players she didn't recruit. Everyone keeps saying how talented we were last year but were we really that talented? Other than Rickea and Jessica Carter who was setting the world on fire consistently in that group? Even under Vic? Matharu showed a few flashes, so did Hayes a few games but no one really impressed me other than who I mentioned. I'm still supporting the program because I understand how hard it is to replace someone like Vic...and if we look anything close to how we did this past year I'll say we need to move on too.
Yes. This team was very talented. It’s evident by who picked up the players after they transferred. Here’s the thing though. Two years ago, this was a very young team under Vic. Rickea was a true freshman. Jessika was a sophomore. Xaria was a sophomore. Alliyah and Jamaya were both true freshmen. Jordan Danberry was the only upper class man that was really contributing much to that team. Rickea and Jessika were the leading scorers. With a very freshman and sophomore heavy line up, Vic won 27 games. The team would have been a top 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. This program returned almost all of its rotation players from that team.

Covid is an excuse that gets used for NMP a lot. Covid isn’t the reason NMP doesn’t have a set offense or defense. Covid isn’t the reason players didn’t improve as the season went along under NMP. Covid isn’t the reason the team was unprepared to play game in and game out. Covid isn’t the reason there was no accountability.

What does it matter that she will now supposedly have “her” recruits if she continues to run the same 5 out offense that has no motion, back screens, on the ball screens, or does anything to get good shots for its players?

By keeping her another year, we are effectively making the job less attractive when it comes time to replace her. And now whoever takes the job is going to have to deal with Sherry and Arnett Hayes, who will dictate to Nikki that everything needs to be catered to the Hayes sisters on this team.