Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
Not to hate on NMP but there may be some truth to the premise of women's basketball attendance having an impact on the men's attendance. Starkville is a great place and I really enjoyed my time there because I like smaller towns. But, with that smaller population, it makes it harder to fill 10k seats as often. If the women's program is down, then it likely will help attendance for men's games.

On the flip side, I live in Northwest AR where I think the area could fill multiple 10k seat events on the same night often. Along with that there are tons of people and traffic everywhere you go, want them or not. Many of those are idiots transporting from California. Can suck for people that like things simple - good for coliseums that want to fill seats.
I don't think there's any doubt that there's some truth to that. May not be as big of a factor as people thing, as a lot of the bandwagon jumpers on the women's team probably wouldn't be there if they had to pay men's basketball prices and so wouldn'dt be going to men's regardless, but certainly there are some fans that want to support a basketball team and aren't going to multiple games a week in person, so they choose the one we're likely to win.