Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
I have never had a dish that I didn?t enjoy at Walk Ons anywhere to include Hattiesburg. They have a lot of Cajun and seafood dishes that are as good as any chain restaurants anywhere. I would obviously prefer a local spot, which brings me to a question that I can?t figure out. Why are Starkville local bar owners not smart enough to realize that people want to watch sports in their bars? The ones in the cotton district especially have almost zero access to televisions. Starkville needs our version of Oxford?s Library in the worst way. Two Brothers is the only one that even comes close to having enough tv?s for me to sit there on a weekend and watch games all day. I end up going to Wild Wings or now I will go to Walk Ons for that reason. Most men want to watch sports when they are on tv. A bar should have that. Sorry for the rant.
You and I would be friends. Hell, maybe we even are.

Starkville bars lack of knowledge about all things sports is mind blowing. When I go to watch a game somewhere, a good bit of the time the staff aren't even aware we are playing, and then when you ask to change the channel they don't know how to work the TV. It is infuriating.

I wish Starkville had a local bar that had good bar food, and had a good setup to watch games. Also, the staff and manager of said bar knew when big games were on and could control the TV system properly. A place like Buffalo Phil's in Tuscaloosa is kind of what I would have in mind.

For what it's worth, I heard that Walk on's was going to be on hwy 12 in front of the Hilton Garden Inn