Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
Eh it's one thing to not be content with being mediocre it is another to live in la la land.

You apparently haven't followed basketball all that much until recently as we have never been a NC contender. We now have a top 15 coach and some talent. The guy took over possibly the worst Power 5 program in the country and in what 5 years had us competitive and making tournaments.

In my mind that is a hell of a turn around and I can't wait to see the improvement we make over the next 5

Lets start with this: Were you in favor of firing stans? If not, than your argument is dead in the water right there because he never achieved any more than Howland has.
I don't think it's even necessary to bring Stans into it specifically. For a relatively brief period in somewhat recent history, we made the tournament more years than most, and didn't do much once we got there outside of one fairy tale season. Big whoop; a ton of programs can claim that. Prior to that, we have very little to write home about. Yet all of a sudden, we shouldn't be satisfied with anything short of deep tournament runs most years and looking consistently great doing it? It's absurd. It's akin to the OM fanbase's delusion that they're an elite football program ever due to regain their former glory because they won some "national championships" prior to integration and not jack else.