Quote Originally Posted by coachnorm View Post
CML comments and actions might play well with a portion of the fan base. They will not play well with the prospects and parents he is trying to recruit. A head coach has to choose his longevity and putting himself at the mercy of the Ole Miss recruiting coordinator is not a real good idea? Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy started his demise with a stupid polo shirt he wore at a practice. That act will impact him during his remaining career.
I guarantee you every one of us has had thoughts at work that had we spoken out loud would have at least gotten us a reprimand and at worst fired. It's the world we live in now. Public figures like Leach are in even more of a spotlight. While he was speaking yesterday I was cringing thinking he was going to say something out of line that was going to get him in trouble and reflect on MSU. I hate it, but it is what it is. During something like that you just have to deflect it away from yourself and team by simply saying I didn't see what happened or what caused it and I'll have to talk to those involved and watch any tape of it to figure out what happened, and we certainly don't condone any type behavior such as this. That is generic and not what espn and the like are looking for so they'll look for something else to focus on. That would have taken Leach completely out of it and put the spotlight someplace else.

I know that doesn't play well with all the piss and vinegar testosterone badasses on here though. Sorry.