Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
FWIW, our passing yards this year are right on par with Leach's first years at Tech and Wazzou and we did it against an all SEC schedule.

I'm excited about how we ran the ball to end the season. We've got to get stronger and Kyle athletic at QB and our young RBs have to get stronger as well.

We're so much better now than we were to end last season.
ABSOLUTELY! Leach implemented that toss pitch early in the year, then vs OM I saw us finally start pulling OL, and i nthe last 2 games he was calling a lot more runs than he had in previous seasons. That gives me hope he's willing to go more run heavy.

We'll be better at QB next year wther it's by WIll learning and getting stronger or a new guy beating him out, better at RB as ours get stronger, better at WR as we get new guys in and will have a full offseason to rep it, and OL should be better. Remember, to start the year our C couldn't snap and our RT (Eiland and Johnson) couldn't block. Jones has been really solid at RT and he's young. Center has solved itself. Gotta replace the guards BUT that's the easiest OL spot to replace, and all the guys on this roster have now had a year in this system.

I don't think we light it up next year because we have a looooooong way to go from a speed and execution standpoint, BUT we will be better on O for sure. D probably will be too once we add Pickering an Peters back