Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
That's not on the SEC - most of the smaller conferences have already decided to go conference games only and/or have limited their own OOC schedules.
I'm thinking Sun Belt and CUSA and SWAC. I'm sure the Northern small schools may have difficulties in Southern Swings for a month. Like Sacred Heart from Connecticut or Holy Cross from Massachusetts.

So, I'm talking Memphis, UAB, Alcorn, South Alabama, Jackson State, Southern Miss, Tulane, LA Monroe, etc.

Plus, these games are valuable for the pitching staff. You can afford to ease-in a Freshman that might get tagged a bit. Heck we lost to Texas Southern with KC Hunt getting shelled, but I bet it was valuable to KC Hunt.

Pie in the sky thinking - with huge rosters - you can almost create two bubbles - with bubble switch protocol. The Midweek team and the SEC Weekend Team. To the connoisseurs, those Midweek games would be bad-ass and valuable to the younger kids. They get to play and be the stars. English soccer teams are doing this with their U-23 teams, separate bubbles