Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
How many of those teams have a freshman QB?

How many of those teams have a defense depleted so badly that they can't really give the offense a short field to work with or turn the ball over? Happy? No. But seeing what 49 guys bought into Leach can do? Yes.

I get it. You want to be right about Leach. But we took 49 scholarship players into Oxford with a freshman QB, a freshman RB, and a freshman WR leading in their respective categories.

The team we have left plays damned hard. And if you want to give OM the field goals, give us the fluke fumble at the 1 by Austin Williams as a TD since we are giving teams things they didn't earn.

Get that out of here tonight. We played hard. Offense looks better. Still needs work. Defense is insanely depleted. And we were 10 point underdogs. We shouldn't have won. We didn't win. But we very well could have.

This was the most meaningless Egg Bowl in the last 20 years. I'll be ok. Not happy but can see the progress.
I listen to the radio and Matt said there was only 47 scholarship players and we played 14 freshman. We have a good core of guys to build around. OLe miss dressed out 30+ more guys then we had.