Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
Yeah, I'm calling BS on that.

So, it's ok for MSU to play at UGA with 54 but we need 31 more while hurting the sport?

Completely ridiculous

And what's even odder is that not a single media member will touch this topic

and BTW, I will fight this until I die or the rule changes. It's possibly the absolute worst rule in all of sports. Not kidding. Followed closely by the touchback on a fumble in the endzone, ejection for targeting, & penalty kicks in soccer when someone flops in the box.

Well, you will be fighting until you die most likely. No way you are going to take 10 scholarships from a sport that makes money and where the players are relatively unaffluent and give those 10 scholarships to sports that lose money and where the players are relatively affluent.

You could maybe do that outside of the P5 on the basis that those football programs lose money and are sucking up too many resources. But the P5 isn't going to allow G5 schools to have more scholarships than them in any sport and still compete with them so realistically all it would allow G5 schools to do is offer more sports than the otherwise would, or I guess offer the minimum scholarship sports they have to for their conference rules and just save $140k-300k a year on scholarship costs depending on how expensive their school is.