Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
For everyone saying who cares who your coach supports politically (I agree by the way), lets make sure we feel the same way when players make it known where they stand politically. I fully expect some players to wear messages on their jersey this year. I personally don't care bc I'm good with cheering for players regardless of their political views, but if you do care about players political stances being espoused just prepare yourself.
The whole issue is not about what or who players or coaches support or don't support politically. Its bringing all of that into a college sponsored team. Players or coaches should not be wearing left wing political patches on their uniforms nor should conservative players or coaches be wearing right wing political patches on their uniforms. Everyone already knows that most of the sports teams they pull for (college or pro) are made up of mostly liberal people because football and basketball teams are majority African-American of which about 90% in this country lean left. That's just statistics. But when you go out on a college field or you practice to prepare to go on the field, you are supposedly representing a university's sports team, not a political movement of either type.