Page 269 of 274 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    That's correct they are leaning toward asymptotic may not pass the the virus on. If true then that's a game changer.
    This would be interesting as hell if it turns out to be true. I talked to an epidemiologist in April and she said that the virus was spreading so fast (at that time) that there almost had to be asymptomatic spread going on. We may have to wait several years to find out exactly how this virus is really spreading.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Here's an article from yesterday on how Collin Co in TX just last week had 4,736 active COVID cases and after an investigation it's been reduced to only 81: https://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...6f2fd31b6.html

"In the previous week, Collin County?s COVID-19 dashboard had begun sporting a disclaimer stating that it had been made aware of inaccuracies in reporting from the DSHS and that the county had no confidence in the data it was receiving."

There have been stories like this all over. How can anyone still believe the numbers that are being reported? Strange also how the numbers in these cases are always on the high side.
    And yet without fail, everyday someone gets on this thread to post or discuss the recent testing data...

If the goal of the pandemic response was to make people become apathetic to the entire situation, then I'd say that initiative has been a huge success!!!!

vCash
    Bold statement you are making. Can you provide a link because I find it hard to believe or is this just more of your propaganda
    That's correct they are leaning toward asymptotic may not pass the the virus on. If true then that's a game changer.
    The irony of these two posts is fascinating!!!!

How you can challenge someone and request a link, then subsequently turn around and make a claim without providing a link yourself is quite ironic.

I guess I forgot though, it's everyone else on this board spewing propaganda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    The irony of these two posts is fascinating!!!!

How you can challenge someone and request a link, then subsequently turn around and make a claim without providing a link yourself is quite ironic.

I guess I forgot though, it's everyone else on this board spewing propaganda.
    No...pretty much everyone on both sides is spewing propaganda.

The biggest failure of the American covid response was that it was politicized from the gate. That falls on the shoulders of the President, the media, government agencies, and more than a few scientists, doctors, and academics.

THAT was the failure. THAT is what led to where we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    And yet without fail, everyday someone gets on this thread to post or discuss the recent testing data...

If the goal of the pandemic response was to make people become apathetic to the entire situation, then I'd say that initiative has been a huge success!!!!
    Interesting. What I posted doesn't bother you?

vCash
    Another low case count day. Hospitalizations continue to sink.

vCash
    Ventilator and ICU numbers also dropping substantially. I think ventilators went from almost 200 early in the month to near 100 today.

vCash
    MS State Medical Association/ MSDH Covid Weekly Meeting - August 28, 2020 (You need to click on the video in the middle to get it started)

Last edited by yjnkdawg; 08-28-2020 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    We are starting to see numbers that I was expecting to see throughout the summer months. Perhaps people are finally taking this virus seriously by wearing masks, socially distancing etc? The fall and winter months will tell the tale.
    The huge surge in cases this summer was perplexing. I do not think anyone saw that coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    We are starting to see numbers that I was expecting to see throughout the summer months. Perhaps people are finally taking this virus seriously by wearing masks, socially distancing etc? The fall and winter months will tell the tale.
    The huge surge in cases this summer was perplexing. I do not think anyone saw that coming.
    It wasn't surprising to the health experts. Too many people being selfish and having this "I'm going to do what i want to do mentality", and not worried about others, or maybe some just weren't even keeping up with the Covid situation, it was inevitable that the numbers were going to rise or surge.

vCash
    Not once have our hospitals been completely overrun with Covid cases. 99.7% of people still surviving. Covid was overblown from day one for the average person below 65. And most of those over 65 were basically left to die by their local government and the care facilities they paid to take care of them.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 08-28-2020 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    At my hospital, 60% of our ICU capacity was Covid at one point. It hovered around 50% for a month. That's completely overrun. We had to open up surge and shut down numerous surgeries. It was a bad situation this summer. Thankfully, it's calming down now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    At my hospital, 60% of our ICU capacity was Covid at one point. It hovered around 50% for a month. That's completely overrun. We had to open up surge and shut down numerous surgeries. It was a bad situation this summer. Thankfully, it's calming down now.
    No, completely overrun is when they have to actually use all the overflow facilities that were set up. They were never used.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    This would be interesting as hell if it turns out to be true. I talked to an epidemiologist in April and she said that the virus was spreading so fast (at that time) that there almost had to be asymptomatic spread going on. We may have to wait several years to find out exactly how this virus is really spreading.
    Maybe it has mutated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Maybe it has mutated.
    It has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No, completely overrun is when they have to actually use all the overflow facilities that were set up. They were never used.
    Guy that actually works at his hospital says it was overwhelming for his hospital. Message board expert says it wasn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Guy that actually works at his hospital says it was overwhelming for his hospital. Message board expert says it wasn't.
    I literally work with multiple hospitals. Liverpool thinks he knows someone. He's wrong and fails at being a smartass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I literally work with multiple hospitals. Liverpool thinks he knows someone. He's wrong and fails at being a smartass.
    I was just quoting a guy that says he works at a hospital that basically says you are full of it. You evidently know more than he does about the place he is employed at. Impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Another low case count day. Hospitalizations continue to sink.
    Shhhh

vCash
    Now 10 days of fewer than 1,000 new cases.