Thread: Where are the insiders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Here's the thing ALL athletes need to remember. No matter what sport or what team. If they choose not to play these sports leagues will find people that will play because they are out there and will be very happy for the opportunity. And yes, fans will cheer those players because we cheer for the name on the front not the back.

Just typical athlete arrogance. I watch to see the CARDINALS or the BULLDOGS play. I don't watch sports to watch this specific player. Now I certainly have players I like to watch but when Albert Pujols left the Cardinals I didn't become an Angels fan. I still pull for the Cardinals.

Hell, I'm glad Dexter Fowler sat out last night because the guy that replaced him got the key hit to tie the game and debatably should be playing over him anyway.

And another thing- if they REALLY thought that protesting was going to eliminate all of the world's problems- they need to get a dose of reality. Because right or wrong there are good and bad people out there and people do the wrong things sometimes. And no amount of looting is going to EVER stop that. All you can do is control yourself and do as much right as you can.

\rant over
    Last edited by Todd4State; 08-27-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's the thing ALL athletes need to remember. No matter what sport or what team. If they choose not to play these sports leagues will find people that will play because they are out there and will be very happy for the opportunity. And yes, fans will cheer those players because we cheer for the name on the front not the back.

Just typical athlete arrogance. I watch to see the CARDINALS or the BULLDOGS play. I don't watch sports to watch this specific player. Now I certainly have players I like to watch but when Albert Pujols left the Cardinals I didn't become an Angels fan. I still pull for the Cardinals.

Hell, I'm glad Dexter Fowler sat out last night because the guy that replaced him got the key hit to tie the game and debatably should be playing over him anyway.

And another thing- if they REALLY thought that protesting was going to eliminate all of the world's problems- they need to get a dose of reality. Because right or wrong there are good and bad people out there and people do the wrong things sometimes. And no amount of looting is going to EVER stop that. All you can do is control yourself and do as much right as you can.

\rant over
    Players are using their leverage to do these type of things. Until fans stop paying to watch them play or watching them on TV it won’t do anything but get worse. I will be calling in the morning to opt out of my tickets that I originally opted in for. I don’t know if I will be allowed to do that or not. It’s already going to be a subpar game day experience and I can use that money elsewhere. If things continue down this road I will eventually completely stop watching sports. I’ve already stopped watching the nba and MLB. It’s tougher with football because it’s my favorite sport but I won’t continue to cheer for people who embarrass me. I don’t imagine anyone will really care but it doesn’t mean I have to continue to put up with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Players are using their leverage to do these type of things. Until fans stop paying to watch them play or watching them on TV it won?t do anything but get worse. I will be calling in the morning to opt out of my tickets that I originally opted in for. I don?t know if I will be allowed to do that or not. It?s already going to be a subpar game day experience and I can use that money elsewhere. If things continue down this road I will eventually completely stop watching sports. I?ve already stopped watching the nba and MLB. It?s tougher with football because it?s my favorite sport but I won?t continue to cheer for people who embarrass me. I don?t imagine anyone will really care but it doesn?t mean I have to continue to put up with it.
    My feelings too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Players are using their leverage to do these type of things. Until fans stop paying to watch them play or watching them on TV it won?t do anything but get worse. I will be calling in the morning to opt out of my tickets that I originally opted in for. I don?t know if I will be allowed to do that or not. It?s already going to be a subpar game day experience and I can use that money elsewhere. If things continue down this road I will eventually completely stop watching sports. I?ve already stopped watching the nba and MLB. It?s tougher with football because it?s my favorite sport but I won?t continue to cheer for people who embarrass me. I don?t imagine anyone will really care but it doesn?t mean I have to continue to put up with it.
    Bye

vCash

\rant over
    Yikes. That was a painful read

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Yikes. That was a painful read
    His post was spot on - thanks Todd!

vCash

\rant over

This is why I no longer watch pro sports. They do not apply their outrage evenly across the spectrum. It is only applies to blacks that are killed and not whites or any other color. It is all a bad thing, people being killed by police, but some people do put themselves in harms way by resisting arrest or pulling a weapon on the police. These athletes do not seem to care about that, it is a sound bite world and they are playing to its fullest.

I will not watch pro-sports until this crap is over! If college level start this, I will not watch them either - sad to say!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    This is why I no longer watch pro sports. They do not apply their outrage evenly across the spectrum. It is only applies to blacks that are killed and not whites or any other color. It is all a bad thing, people being killed by police, but some people do put themselves in harms way by resisting arrest or pulling a weapon on the police. These athletes do not seem to care about that, it is a sound bite world and they are playing to its fullest.

I will not watch pro-sports until this crap is over! If college level start this, I will not watch them either - sad to say!
    Unfortunately, the movement going on is just going to make things worse, not better. Seems to me you've got a BLM movement basically sending the message to a lot of young Blacks to have disdain for police and to have no respect for their authority which leads to things like resisting arrest or pulling a weapon on a policeman. Then you have police officers that are feeling isolated and jumpy out of fear that a black assailant may be ready to try to do him in at any confrontation or encounter. All that does is lead to an itchy trigger finger if there is even the slightest hint that a perp is doing something or THOUGHT to be doing something threatening. Its just a powder keg situation that looks to only get worse. The only Blacks that seem to have real problems with police that I see are ones out breaking the law. And not making excuses for police brutality, but if you don't want them to act with force then just comply with what they ask you to do.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 08-27-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Banned
    vCash

\rant over
    True, no one player or group of players are bigger than the team, program or University. Next man up. I'm a Bulldog for life but my support for some of the things happening in sports has and will continue to cause my support to dwindle. Anyone can sit for whatever reason they want but the next one up that has the grit to step up and play, I'll cheer him on.

vCash

\rant over
    You just can't see the bigger issue, can you? Instead, as usual, it's all about you and what you want.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    You just can't see the bigger issue, can you? Instead, as usual, it's all about you and what you want.
    Why don't you tell me instead of using the same bullshit sound bite from Twitter that doesn't really say anything other than I hurt your feelings?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    It looks like the Big-10 commish is going political with his decision and is aiming to get student athletes to vote to oust Trump.

https://sports.yahoo.com/can-the-big...180131201.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    It looks like the Big-10 commish is going political with his decision and is aiming to get student athletes to vote to oust Trump.

https://sports.yahoo.com/can-the-big...180131201.html
    At least they're being honest now.