Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Here's where things get misconstrued. You can be serious and take precautions without living in fear. The majority of my customers are seniors and I love them dearly, I been doing this for over 20 years, one death is to many. My 14 year old daughter has juvenile arthritis and is on biological so she falls in the high risk category so we take precautions with her but let her be a normal teenager as much as possible during this. All those at high risk should take ever precaution, the rest of us need to keep going, and yes i practice social distancing and wear a mask. The message I'm trying to convey is that there is hope of getting through this. The healthcare professionals I know are promoting the same positive message. I don't want to get to religious on here but my faith allows me to stay positive through a crisis and to not live in fear. Once again precautions yes, but we MUST carry on or the collateral damage from this will be much greater than the virus itself.
Taking it seriously and realistically does not equate to living in fear. Just because some of us are not downplaying everything so that we feel better personally does not mean we're living in fear. Downplaying the threat is harmful to us all as a whole because it can influence others to not take precautions to protect themselves and others. At least 130,000 people have died in our country in 4 months and we still have a long way to go.