Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
I agree the point generally remains regardless of what the data show. Life/death risks is low to football players and you're right that they knowingly assume the risks. HOWEVER It's another variable on top of a sport that's already riddled by significant risks. Numbers are down everywhere in youth football, which is to be expected, especially right now.

But again, life/death isn't the issue here. It's hospital bed space and ICU bed space. Nobody has clearly communicated that to the American people. Nobody has a "shared goal" in any of this. Every TV station is reporting numbers. IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT. It only matters how many people we can effectively treat at a given time. Monitor that. Measure it. Report it. And dictate social distancing and mask MANDATES based on that.

There is a game plan to manage this. It was created under Obama and why it was rejected on its face (in my opinion). There is a 17 page classified CDC response plan specific to this pandemic that was thrown out the window too.

Had we followed any of these guidelines everyone would know when we open, when we close, and how close we are to opening and closing at any given moment. Instead we just fly by the seat of our pants and wing it. So... we'll see what happens to football in the short term, but long term the hospitals are going to become incapacitated and we will have to shut down again. Again, just my opinion, but this is the biggest failure of leadership in the history of the United States.
Hospitals are not going to become incapacitated so long as the average age of the infected remains where it is. Hospitalizations have risen in part to allowing more patients and the ones who are coming in for covid aren’t staying as long because younger people don’t take as long to get over this virus. If the infection age starts rising then we will have a concern. As of right now things are going about as well as possible throughout the country with the exception of a few places and the media is acting like the exact opposite is happening. Cases going up and deaths going down for 10 straight weeks is an outstanding trend and what everyone should be talking about, but it doesn’t fit the narrative.