Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
The problem is you're making this be an absolute. There is no perfect training for every situation. But there can be better training. Dawgology articulated training thoughts a lot better than I could.

As for the cameras, yes they keep the bad apples in line (not all clearly. That's why we need some reform on other things like qualified immunity. How exactly? That's above my pay grade at this point but i think it would be easier to build that up from scratch than patch the current system.) Remember, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.
IA is useless. It always has been and it always will be. It's completely biased, non-transparent, and reeks of coverup. It needs to be an unaffiliated group that contains a more complex mixture of individuals than just police officers and investigators. Like a said, a large state unit that triages all complaints on police brutality, investigates, mitigates, and enacts an outside audit and review of a law enforcement agency once a threshold is reached. This would also allow the complaintants personal info and name to be masked form the law enforcement agency if there was a fear of reprisal. Once the review committee got on the ground you could fold in leaders from the community that would convey issues they are seeing at their level with the local LEO and the community.