Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
That's a great story. Some of those old guys were very generous with their time. I've got a pretty solid collection beyond the 1961 Yankees I mentioned earlier.
My baseball collection includes Stan Musial, Willie Mays, Duke Snider, Mantle, Bob Feller, Early Winn, Bob Lemon, Roger Clemens, Rickey Henderson, Bruce Sutter, & Dale Murphy.
Mays was a jerk - just grunted, never made eye contact. Musial, and Feller were the nicest. They took time to engage with people - especially kids.

Non-baseball, I've got Herschel Walker, Vince Dooley, Dominique Wilkins, Pete Buck from REM, the original lineup of Govt. Mule (Warren Haynes, Matt Abts, & Allen Woody) and a guitar pick from Dickey Betts given to me at the ABB show at MSU in '94,

I'm hoping to reno our family room later this year. When I do, I have a ticket stub from every sporting event or concert I've ever been to going back to the 1981 Ga/Ga Tech football game. I'm going to frame them, some of my MSU schedule posters, and some nice prints of MSU related newspaper headlines (and the Dak SI cover). My wife has the rest of the house, this is my sports room.

Sorry to hear that about Mays as I have several of his autographs as he was my favorite as a kid coming up. I also have Bob Feller twice. I met him at spring training the year the two Indians players were killed in a boating accident. He was very kind. I have Fred Lynn, Ozzie Smith, Steve Carlton and Robin Ventura, all gotten at the CWS. I have Phil Neikro, Lee Trevino, Bo Jackson, Phil Mickelson, several other pro golfers obtained at the Players and the champions tour Legends at B'ham. I have autographed photos of my wife with Tee Martin and Bill Bates. I also have the SI #1 mag. I have photos of me with Jack Cristil and Ben McDonald. I also have football Andy Dalton and Pat White.