Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
Yeah, but since it's cheaper, why would the player sacrifice a year of eligibility for cheap money?

I think there is more to this. I think he just wasn't happy at MSU for some reason that we don't know about

Maybe his teammates hated him? IDK
A new dodge charger is cheaper than a f150 king ranch. $30k is cheaper than $50k. I have never been recruited by an SEC team and don't know what cheaper and more are in SEC football reference but my guess is more than a couple hundred bucks. I would guess that more money is up front lump sums and less ongoing payments for players so maybe it's about getting another lump sum.

Also, the ROI goes both ways.

Maybe he doesn't like his odd of shining in the new scheme.
Maybe he doesn't like his odds against upcoming competition with limited interior line play.
Maybe he doesn't like Leach or one of the new assistants.
Maybe he doesn't like the stricter policies on and off the field.
Maybe he's a delusional kid that's had rainbow blown up his but his whole life and is now having trouble dealing with hard honesty.
Maybe he's a great kid that just wants a change.
Maybe some girl crapped on him and he wants to get away.
Maybe we told him to take a hike because we didn't like the ROI we were getting.

Who knows what all is contributing to him leaving? But most all life decisions are about risk and reward / ROI when you boil down to the bare truth. And yes, I understand that money is not the only thing that people invest. For some reason, he sees his ROI being better somewhere else and some school will make the deal.