Page 55 of 274 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    You think big investors are calmed by trump saying the economy will be "raring to go by Easter"? They aren't idiots.
    I said calm the masses. I realize you keep reading it "calm the markets" because you've typed it several times now. So, no I don't think that. I said masses - I'll let you look up what that means. But it's not "big investors".

Look - Trump hasn't been great in this. But he hasn't been some horrible bumbling idiot either. As stated by many others, it's in the middle. You know who else hasn't done great? Congress (both parties), Governors (both parties), Mayors (both parties), most countries, and plenty others I'm not going to name. The entire world has been smoked by this thing and has been caught flat-footed for the most part. Let's come out the other side and deal in facts and then make our judgments at the ballot box. Crazy idea huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I said calm the masses. I realize you keep reading it "calm the markets" because you've typed it several times now. So, no I don't think that. I said masses - I'll let you look up what that means. But it's not "big investors".

Look - Trump hasn't been great in this. But he hasn't been some horrible bumbling idiot either. As stated by many others, it's in the middle. You know who else hasn't done great? Congress (both parties), Governors (both parties), Mayors (both parties), most countries, and plenty others I'm not going to name. The entire world has been smoked by this thing and has been caught flat-footed for the most part. Let's come out the other side and deal in facts and then make our judgments at the ballot box. Crazy idea huh?
    Solid post. I'm already having people email me resumes cause they've lost their jobs and are frightened with the uncertaintity of all this. I don't believe there's anyone in this country who hasn't been affected by this in some way, whether it's physical health, job, financially, etc. It's scary times but I'm also seeing people pull together and help each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Guess what... I hope it's open by Easter too. Lots of my family and friends are headed for hard times. Am I willing to "throw the weak and old to the wolves"? No, but if the economy is down too long, we throwing a crap load of the old, young, and in between to the wolves. Not everyone has a government job.
    Everyone's financial future is thrown to the wolves regardless of if we prematurely open businesses back up or not. It ****ing sucks and why the government needs to take strong decisive action to protect people. Your friend that runs a restaurant or a boutique clothing store or whatever, opening it up for Easter ain't saving their business cause people aren't going to be venturing out to these businesses with covid-19 still a threat. Anyone that still views this through the lens of "fixing" the economic fallout without fixing covid-19 first is refusing to accept reality.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...3cc48da33cc8e0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post

He literally had to issue statements contradicting the shit he said in the most important address by a US president since 9/11. How hard is it to know what the European travel ban entailed even if he didn't wanna read a teleprompter? Step back and imagine if this was any liberal president you didn't vote for and in a similar situation they bungled that address that badly and ask yourself if you'd really grant them the patience and forgiveness you are asking for trump.

vCash
    Everyone's financial future is thrown to the wolves regardless of if we prematurely open businesses back up or not. It ****ing sucks and why the government needs to take strong decisive action to protect people. Your friend that runs a restaurant or a boutique clothing store or whatever, opening it up for Easter ain't saving their business cause people aren't going to be venturing out to these businesses with covid-19 still a threat. Anyone that still views this through the lens of "fixing" the economic fallout without fixing covid-19 first is refusing to accept reality.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...3cc48da33cc8e0
    If no one is going out at Easter anyway then, what you mad about?

vCash
    Guess what... I hope it's open by Easter too. Lots of my family and friends are headed for hard times. Am I willing to "throw the weak and old to the wolves"? No, but if the economy is down too long, we throwing a crap load of the old, young, and in between to the wolves. Not everyone has a government job.
    Agree with you on this. It is getting real in a hurry on money flow. I have essential projects in TX, so luckily making it and have about 20 employees depending on me to make sure they make it also. For anyone with time right now to get political I really could just smack their head. Money comes from those that produce, creating tax money for the government. They need really quick to realize giving a break right now on payroll and payroll taxes for a short term survival is better than getting zero for a few years. And stop screwing around with all the other agenda.
    I have friends running companies that are about to make some difficult decisions over the next several days. And those decisions take a toll personally on a business owner that cares about employees as well.
    Last edited by Santiago; 03-24-2020 at 04:34 PM.

vCash
    If no one is going out at Easter anyway then, what you mad about?
    Some will. It won't be the numbers usually out because there's always some idiots. Unfortunately, only takes a few idiots to lock down a city or state again. Is it worth chasing 20-50% of your business in order to screw everything up even longer when it's already screwed anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Agree with you on this. It is getting real in a hurry on money flow. I am have essential projects in TX, so luckily making it and have about 20 employees depending on me to make sure they make it also. For anyone with time right now to get political I really could just smack their head. Money comes from those that produce, creating tax money for the government. They need really quick to realize giving a break right now on payroll and payroll taxes for a short term survival is better than getting zero for a few years. And stop screwing around with all the other agenda.
    I have friends running companies that are about to make some difficult decisions over the next several days. And those decisions take a toll personally on a business owner that cares about employees as well.
    It's not political dude. It's logic. Business re-opening like "normal" before we should will simply be a wounded animal limping along waiting time die. I know it ****ing sucks. It sucks for everyone. I know lots of folks already laid off and a lot that expect to be within a week or 2. The point is that most people will be laid off longer and businesses that are open will be operating well below their normal earnings. Trying to force the economy to work like normal prior to getting the coronavirus under control just doesn't logistically work. I know you'll say paying bills without work doesn't logistically work. I agree, and if we don't act fast to get covid-19 under control then you'll be struggling to pay bills for a lot longer doing a fraction of the work you used to get, maybe not even enough work to justify the overhead.

vCash
    Hey Mods,
    If someone makes a completely false political statement like a false quote or something that is debunked by hard core facts, can we give them a 14 day quarantine?

Geez people. Let?s start dealing in facts and stop jumping the gun on wild hypotheticals. You work the problem. You don?t let the problem work you or make it worse by creating new problems that don?t exist. Some of you never need to be in crisis management situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    Hey Mods,
    If someone makes a completely false political statement like a false quote or something that is debunked by hard core facts, can we give them a 14 day quarantine?

Geez people. Let?s start dealing in facts and stop jumping the gun on wild hypotheticals. You work the problem. You don?t let the problem work you or make it worse by creating new problems that don?t exist. Some of you never need to be in crisis management situations.
    lol good lord the melts over a statement I made regarding the real consequence of what the president wants to do is really something

vCash
    It's not political dude. It's logic. Business re-opening like "normal" before we should will simply be a wounded animal limping along waiting time die. I know it ****ing sucks. It sucks for everyone. I know lots of folks already laid off and a lot that expect to be within a week or 2. The point is that most people will be laid off longer and businesses that are open will be operating well below their normal earnings. Trying to force the economy to work like normal prior to getting the coronavirus under control just doesn't logistically work. I know you'll say paying bills without work doesn't logistically work. I agree, and if we don't act fast to get covid-19 under control then you'll be struggling to pay bills for a lot longer doing a fraction of the work you used to get, maybe not even enough work to justify the overhead.
    My post had nothing to do with that exactly and what you posted was not my intent or point.
    It is the national BS going on, and the rush to blame instead of shut up and work together, and after we get past it then get back to the games.
    I actually get the distancing and the purpose. Small to medium companies will layoff, or go under, so the stimulus of helping on payroll and skip payroll taxes is a great idea for those I know. Businesses have no obligation to keep employees or keep paying them. So there does need to be discussion of balance and common sense as well.
    I know a company that laid off 10 on Friday because they are not allowed to work in some plants. The reasoning is all understood. The concern is for how long. Another company is deciding this week on layoffs. The guy bought a company a couple years ago with his savings and the money from a family member. His business requires going to plants, which are closed. So he is having to make tough decisions right now how to stay afloat. He just applied for a FEMA loan (3.5% ) and puts up collateral for it, in order to keep his company together and not risk losing all he has invested.
    I will run through this fine, but many are about to make tough decisions.
    Last edited by Santiago; 03-24-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Ignore the leftist bias and small jabs at the right in this twitter thread. Man makes solid points about why reopening America is bad in our current fashion. If we can make testing / suppressing techniques be strong enough to handle this then we can talk about the business as usual approach.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...812024838?s=21

We definitely are in a pick your poison situation. But we need to be careful not to drink both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Ignore the leftist bias and small jabs at the right in this twitter thread. Man makes solid points about why reopening America is bad in our current fashion. If we can make testing / suppressing techniques be strong enough to handle this then we can talk about the business as usual approach.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...812024838?s=21

We definitely are in a pick your poison situation. But we need to be careful not to drink both.
    Thank you. Only thing I'll say is that we have to drink 1 poison, it's whether we wanna drink the 2nd poison too.

vCash
    lol good lord the melts over a statement I made regarding the real consequence of what the president wants to do is really something
    I only see one posted melting right now.......

vCash
    Well, at least we know Dr. Fauci was not banished into exile.

vCash
    Words of the day: Cognitive Dissonance.

vCash
    My post had nothing to do with that exactly and what you posted was not my intent or point.
    It is the national BS going on, and the rush to blame instead of shut up and work together, and after we get past it then get back to the games.
    I actually get the distancing and the purpose. Small to medium companies will layoff, or go under, so the stimulus of helping on payroll and skip payroll taxes is a great idea for those I know. Businesses have no obligation to keep employees or keep paying them. So there does need to be discussion of balance and common sense as well.
    I know a company that laid off 10 on Friday because they are not allowed to work in some plants. The reasoning is all understood. The concern is for how long. Another company is deciding this week on layoffs. The guy bought a company a couple years ago with his savings and the money from a family member. His business requires going to plants, which are closed. So he is having to make tough decisions right now how to stay afloat. He just applied for a FEMA loan (3.5% ) and puts up collateral for it, in order to keep his company together and not risk losing all he has invested.
    Well said!

vCash
    I agree, I just don't think rushing back is helping anyone for reasons stated, and so when folks are moaning that we gotta get the economy churning, I'm gonna speak up and point out there is no economic recovery while this is going on. So we either figure out how to pause for a month or 2 and then kickstart things when we have gotten shit stabilized or we drag this economic death out for 18 months waiting for a vaccine.

vCash
    Funny how quickly you knew who he was referring to. Lol. Says a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I feel like Trump is banking on those meds working to control the Coronavirus. I hope he's right.

Would make sense given the encouraging results so far of the meds working.
    That?s the feeling I got from it also. I think there is evidence that response has been favorable. I hope and pray it is for all of us and I don?t give a shit who you align with politically. I have had optimism during this because I trust and pray the very best in medicine are working their ass off to find the answer