Page 52 of 274 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5471

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    New York rising faster makes sense. They live, work, and socialize in close quarters like Italy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I know you can't fix stupid -

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...tical-11460391

People are dumb - and they prove it daily. They also take the word of our leaders as gospel, so every bit of info that comes out has to have the lowest common denominator in mind and has to be on point at times like this (and that is not Trump specific).
    Wow! Not real smart. A bit of Jack Rudy's along with your favorite gin and tonic is the way to go. That's my favorite way of dosing quinine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I know you can't fix stupid -

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...tical-11460391

People are dumb - and they prove it daily. They also take the word of our leaders as gospel, so every bit of info that comes out has to have the lowest common denominator in mind and has to be on point at times like this (and that is not Trump specific).
    Haha yeah. Sad. No surprise though. Writing articles that they have no clue of what they are writing about. The person should be fired and the article taken down but the company would rather have clicks.

vCash

vCash
    71 newly reported cases in MS, total of 320

vCash
    Stock market appears to be up today

vCash
    I know this is old news apparently but I haven't heard it discussed here. A Harvard professor/nano scientist was arrested in late January for lying about taking money from the Chinese to help them set up a research lab in Wuhan China where the virus supposedly started. Hard to believe there isn't more fire there but apparently it's not related just sounds like a mighty suspicious coincidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I wonder what his projection for America is?

vCash
    My only issue with comparing our situation to China is that they were way more prepared than we are. They have drones bleaching the streets right now.

[tweet2]1238007207700180992[/tweet2]

Meanwhile, we have 1800 people attending church services in Louisiana.

We will pass China's total # of cases in a few days and still don't have a solid plan to move forward.

vCash
    Haven't heard this in the mainstream news! See below.

Did you know about the 100,000 Wuhan workers in Northern Italy?

This is not a new story, Chinese workers from Wuhan, are forced to work in Italy so their cheaply made leather goods could legitimately carry a ?Made in Italy? tag.

Isn't it strange that this original tweet was shared extensively around the world, with millions of views yet at no point did the lamestream media choose to explore the substance? Are they all bought and paid lackeys of the Chinese?

Watch this graphic and see how the sweet spot for the virus after it departs China is Italy. (Reassuring now few red dots there are.) As of March 24, 2020, the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) had spread to six continents, and approximately 16,565 people had died after contracting the respiratory virus. Around 6,077 of these deaths occurred in Italy. (For comparison, the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually.)

Also see the original Reuters story:

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture...s-idUSRTX16XEA

This explains a lot about why Italy has been hit so hard!
    Last edited by Extendedcab; 03-24-2020 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    My only issue with comparing our situation to China is that they were way more prepared than we are. They have drones bleaching the streets right now.

[tweet2]1238007207700180992[/tweet2]

Meanwhile, we have 1800 people attending church services in Louisiana.

We will pass China's total # of cases in a few days and still don't have a solid plan to move forward.
    Im just glad Trump is the President. This is 100% genuine. Hear me out.

If Hillary was telling conservatives to stay home or quarantine themselves and close businesses, they would be having gatherings just to give her a finger. Churches certainly wouldn?t be closed on Sunday.

At least with him as President I?m hopeful that some of the people that would normally not trust the government are actually listening and doing the best they can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

If Hillary was telling conservatives to stay home or quarantine themselves and close businesses, they would be having gatherings just to give her a finger. Churches certainly wouldn?t be closed on Sunday.

At least with him as President I?m hopeful that some of the people that would normally not trust the government are actually listening and doing the best they can.
    So conservatives are dumb? Thanks

vCash

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you forgot sarcastaricks?

You are only seeing what you choose to see if you think any of this is true. Every single bit is opinion, one-sided and narrow-minded. Simply blinded by politics and it's pathetic to even go there. You might as well be in congress arguing about money instead of helping the people you are supposed to be working for.

I'm not saying Trump is doing better than Hillary would be doing but you certainly can't tell me Hillary would be doing worse.

And just for the record, I didn't vote for anyone and damn sure wouldn't give my vote to either. So spare me any speech about defending one or the other.

vCash
    So conservatives are dumb? Thanks
    No - but a lot of conservatives would tell Hillary Clinton to **** off and they aren't closing churches. I'm not sure if that is dumb or stubborn, but they would.

Hell - my facebook feed is still littered with people that still think this is not a big deal and blown out of proportion by the media. Do you think if a President named Obama or Hillary was telling people to stop going to church it would be received well?

I'm having conversations with family members begging them to stay home and stop reading articles on conservative web sites that say this is just a conspiracy. Only when the President started to take it serious and push the social distancing did they take it serious. The fact that President Trump is telling people to stay home I think is a good thing because conservatives will listen to him as opposed to ignoring a democrat.

Maybe you disagree, but it is something that I have been thankful for recently.

vCash
    No - but a lot of conservatives would tell Hillary Clinton to **** off and they aren't closing churches. I'm not sure if that is dumb or stubborn, but they would.

Hell - my facebook feed is still littered with people that still think this is not a big deal and blown out of proportion by the media. Do you think if a President named Obama or Hillary was telling people to stop going to church it would be received well?

I'm having conversations with family members begging them to stay home and stop reading articles on conservative web sites that say this is just a conspiracy. Only when the President started to take it serious and push the social distancing did they take it serious. The fact that President Trump is telling people to stay home I think is a good thing because conservatives will listen to him as opposed to ignoring a democrat.

Maybe you disagree, but it is something that I have been thankful for recently.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/de...em/ar-BB11xOHn

Think they reading a bunch of conservative web sites saying it's a conspiracy in California?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Haven't heard this in the mainstream news! See below.

Did you know about the 100,000 Wuhan workers in Northern Italy?

This is not a new story, Chinese workers from Wuhan, are forced to work in Italy so their cheaply made leather goods could legitimately carry a ?Made in Italy? tag.

Isn't it strange that this original tweet was shared extensively around the world, with millions of views yet at no point did the lamestream media choose to explore the substance? Are they all bought and paid lackeys of the Chinese?

Watch this graphic and see how the sweet spot for the virus after it departs China is Italy. (Reassuring now few red dots there are.) As of March 24, 2020, the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) had spread to six continents, and approximately 16,565 people had died after contracting the respiratory virus. Around 6,077 of these deaths occurred in Italy. (For comparison, the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually.)

Also see the original Reuters story:

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture...s-idUSRTX16XEA

This explains a lot about why Italy has been hit so hard!
    I've posted I go along these lines several times but folks seem to gloss over it but it is significant info. Just FYI though, "lamestream media" reduces the quality of your post. Good info though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you forgot sarcastaricks?

You are only seeing what you choose to see if you think any of this is true. Every single bit is opinion, one-sided and narrow-minded. Simply blinded by politics and it's pathetic to even go there. You might as well be in congress arguing about money instead of helping the people you are supposed to be working for.

I'm not saying Trump is doing better than Hillary would be doing but you certainly can't tell me Hillary would be doing worse.

And just for the record, I didn't vote for anyone and damn sure wouldn't give my vote to either. So spare me any speech about defending one or the other.
    You are missing my point. I'm past blaming anyone for where we are - I want to move forward. Based on the last two weeks - conservatives started out thinking this was being blown out of proportion. That is not arguable. I'm sure we all had siblings or parents that are conservative who were mocking this virus or not taking it serious. Their attitudes changed as soon as the President was telling people to stop gathering in groups of 10 or more and was taking swift action.

I don't think some conservatives would have listened if it was Obama or Hillary telling them to not go to church.

This is not a unique situation. Think about when we go to war, if a Republican is President - democrats don't trust his motives. If a democrat is ordering drone strikes with no real oversight, democrats turn a blind eye. They wouldn't if it was a republican.

vCash
    The fact that President Trump is telling people to stay home
    You may have missed it last night, but he's now saying that he's going to lift social distancing in "weeks, not months"

Yet Sunday he activated the National Guard to enforce lockdowns in a few states

I'm getting mixed signals on the strategy to move forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I've posted I go along these lines several times but folks seem to gloss over it but it is significant info. Just FYI though, "lamestream media" reduces the quality of your post. Good info though.

Thanks, the term "lame stream media" came directly from the information source I provided, it was not my personal comment.

vCash
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/de...em/ar-BB11xOHn

Think they reading a bunch of conservative web sites saying it's a conspiracy in California?
    No - I think there are a lot of selfish ignorant people regardless of political affiliation. I'm just saying that the same people that thought this was a media driven hoax are the same people that are now taking it seriously, and I give the President a lot of credit for that. I don't think those same people would have listened to an Obama or a Hillary considering the same circumstances.