Page 24 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

vCash
    My attitude has changed dramatically since last week on this. I felt it was overblown. But see the problem is we expect strong and tough decisions but yet we have no one strongly calming the masses on the financial side and sustenance side. See if you have a quarantine you need to lose the political bullshit by many and present a strong message of unity. You will never bring a country together with factions looking to better themselves financially or politically. I?m an industry that will keep working to keep supply chains rolling but if the message presented doesn?t calm the masses then the supply chain will weaken and then all the bad no one wants will come.

vCash
    This is aimed more at the politicians and media members who are pushing their agenda over what is for the better good of a country. I can?t believe some shit on the teens who partied at spring break when no one has done anything but spew the far right or far left. Maybe they get just enough news that they are sick of it and don?t know what facts are anymore

vCash
    Two members of Congress are reported as testing positive now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Two members of Congress are reported as testing positive now.
    I think all the famous names you are hearing test positive is an indicator that a loooooot more people already have this thing than we think and know. The threshold for someone like Kevin Durant or a member of congress getting tested is much lower than you or I showing up at an emergency room, and they are still turning up positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I think all the famous names you are hearing test positive is an indicator that a loooooot more people already have this thing than we think and know. The threshold for someone like Kevin Durant or a member of congress getting tested is much lower than you or I showing up at an emergency room, and they are still turning up positive.
    And here is where the disconnect prpably is for many, the famous names have mainly came out and said they had no real issues with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Correct. And I wonder about President Trump and all the medical experts for the daily press conferences standing virtually shoulder-to-shoulder.

And I wonder about the reporters sitting close together. Sure, they check their temperature before entering, but that doesn't seem enough to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    And here is where the disconnect prpably is for many, the famous names have mainly came out and said they had no real issues with it.
    It doesn't hit everyone, especially those in good health, particularly hard. However, the Imperial College Model, which is the projection that allegedly finally changed Trump's mind, has a worst case scenario of an 80% infection rate nation wide with a .9% fatality rate, which doesn't sound super scary until you realize that due to the age skewing, that means that between 4 and 8% of all people over the age of 70 would die.

That's a lot of grandparents - approximately 2.2 million of them.

With all of the people resisting precautions right now, the likely result will be closer to that than the low end one. You'll know by the middle of next week. At that point we will be at about the level Italy was at when they instituted the nationwide quarantine.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Haven’t seen this mentioned. Clinical trials in France and S Korea also. Hydroxychloroquine, malaria drug. Been around for 50 years.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/riganoesq?lang=en

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    It doesn't hit everyone, especially those in good health, particularly hard. However, the Imperial College Model, which is the projection that allegedly finally changed Trump's mind, has a worst case scenario of an 80% infection rate nation wide with a .9% fatality rate, which doesn't sound super scary until you realize that due to the age skewing, that means that between 4 and 8% of all people over the age of 70 would die.

That's a lot of grandparents - approximately 2.2 million of them.

With all of the people resisting precautions right now, the likely result will be closer to that than the low end one. You'll know by the middle of next week. At that point we will be at about the level Italy was at when they instituted the nationwide quarantine.
    Man I?m not trying to argue. I agree. But at some point how do you expect 18-25 yr olds to be scared when we have such a wide realm of opinions and we have others talking noise from both sides while probably benefiting financially. And make know mistake people are benefiting from both sides politically and financially. Then the famous people show no ill effects. I don?t know the answer but the issue is because we have actually have many talking their points from multiple sides all to a benefit we will pay for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Haven’t seen this mentioned. Clinical trials in France and S Korea also. Hydroxychloroquine, malaria drug. Been around for 50 years.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/riganoesq?lang=en
    I saw this. It sounds promising, but some people on reddit were saying the science was flawed/biased.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Without government intervention right now hospitals, airlines, banks, the service industry, etc... would all fail during this pandemic. 100's of millions of people would lose jobs. We have to have some level of regulation to protect the integrity of the system. That's what some people refuse to acknowledge despite it being an absolute truth. And this pandemic is proving that to once again be 1000% accurate.
    I agree, I think what I said got lost in there. I'm not saying we don't need the government to step in, I'm saying once they did and made a decision to let the private sector help in producing these tests and PPE's and stuff is smart. It seems pretty obvious the cdc way was taking way too long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    I saw this. It sounds promising, but some people on reddit were saying the science was flawed/biased.
    We’ll see. My pharmacist neighbor says the world supply is already gone. Majority is manufactured in India with 97% of precursors need to make the drug coming from China. Availability of open ports becomes an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I think the Governments are doing a good job doing what they can. State and Federal. They started too slow, and that's hurt. But I think they're figuring it out now and trying to be as proactive as possible. However - the people totally SUCK at doing their part. The Government can only do so much, and at some point the people have to help. Or we could always declare marshal law I guess.
    Agree 100% some people suck but the good is probably getting lost in the bad. The whole Florida thing is crazy and some of the comments just blow my mind, can't believe the parents haven't made the kids get home. I could see some small groups spread out on the beach being ok though. On the other side, growing up if I would've been told to get home and didn't I'd of probably gotten my ass beat til it was so sore I couldn't sit down until the virus was gone anyway haha. It still seems like more and more people are starting to take this seriously though. I guess if they don't we could end up in a spot where they are forced to.
    Last edited by Maverick; 03-19-2020 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    We’ll see. My pharmacist neighbor says the world supply is already gone. Majority is manufactured in India with 97% of precursors need to make the drug coming from China. Availability of open ports becomes an issue.
    If nothing else comes of this we have got to start manufacturing our own 17ing medicine. We can't have our medicines and precursors coming from third world counties or countries which would love nothing more than most of us to die off. The fact we ever got in this shape should be criminal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If nothing else comes of this we have got to start manufacturing our own 17ing medicine. We can't have our medicines and precursors coming from third world counties or countries which would love nothing more than most of us to die off. The fact we ever got in this shape should be criminal.
    Thank our business and political leaders for that. I didn’t like nafta in 92 and sure as hell didn’t like China getting in wto in 2000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    As a govt 1st responder we had a conference call today this is expected to blow up in ten to fourteen days. The govt is expecting to put up thousands of medical tents across the country for overflow containment hospitals. What infuriates me is I have to put my life on the line because we have so many 17ing imbeciles in this country out partying for spring break. We are about to witness something that will never be forgotten. Hope I'm wrong but from what I heard today I seriously doubt it.
    It's inevitably going to get worse because the positive test results will be back in 10-14 days. So yes, it's definitely going to happen. My hope is that we start seeing improvement in about 3-4 weeks and yes that is optimistic.

vCash
    If anyone out there is still comparing it to the flu, when is the last time you saw the flu kill 3 members of the same family at the same time?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/n...ronavirus.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/healt...led/index.html

Ages:

Last edited by hacker; 03-19-2020 at 06:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker View Post
    If anyone out there is still comparing it to the flu, when is the last time you saw the flu kill 3 members of the same family at the same time?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/n...ronavirus.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/healt...led/index.html

Ages:

Very sad indeed

There is a lot of buzz going on that two drugs currently approved by FDA have had positive results in killing the virus in infected people. Look for more information to follow today.

Also China reporting no new cases in Wahan

So their is some positive things happening

vCash
    This may be good news for the southern US... temp and humidity reduce spread according to this:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/healt...ource=facebook

ETA... and of course, gonna cool off this weekend haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This may be good news for the southern US... temp and humidity reduce spread according to this:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/healt...ource=facebook

ETA... and of course, gonna cool off this weekend haha
    Mid next week it heats up really good down south though. Fingers crossed.