Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
So you're willing to concede being at a disadvantage every Friday for in turn being at an advantage every Saturday and hoping to get a series win on Sunday.

I'm not saying you're wrong mind you. But it's dang hard to win a series after dropping Friday night.
Yes. Because Cerantola is more talented than any other Sunday starter we will see guaranteed. When he's got his good stuff, he can take any Sunday starter in the conference.

So right now I would say we have a 2-1 starting advantage keeping it how it is. Move MacLeod to Friday and Cerantola to Saturday and it becomes, at best, us having only 1 game of starter advantage. Arguably a push Friday night because a ton of teams have solid Friday guys.

So you risk taking the L Friday knowing you have the better guy at the most important position on the field the next 2 days. Baseball is about advantage. You never take away your own advantage. Now we could argue who the Friday guy should be other than MacLeod. That to me is the bigger discussion. I think we've got time to try out a few guys if we want to. But I'm definitely not for ruining an advantage that we have when our team is already missing pieces.