Thread: Blake Anderson

vCash

Blake Anderson

I'd give him a call if we haven't already. He's a good coach that's had success at Arkansas State. Southern guy, OC experience at North Carolina, coached in Mississippi before. I don't see why he'd be any worse than these other names being thrown around.

vCash
    is not going to be considered for the position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    is not going to be considered for the position.
    Wouldn't be too sure of that

vCash
    Per Steve, we have talked to him over recently and he is in the running, along w/ Sark and Grantham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Per Steve, we have talked to him over recently and he is in the running, along w/ Sark and Grantham.
    We are now to plan C I guess.

vCash
    He's done fine at ASU, but both Freeze and Malzahn did better in one year than Anderson ever has. That would give me serious pause.

Sarkisian seems to be the clear best candidate right now, and if the reports are true he would take the job if offered, I don't see how we can go with one of these others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    We are now to plan C I guess.
    Plan B. Reaching out to Napier does not mean he was ever going to be a finalist. We rushed to that judgement on our own.

However, Judge feels like it was a real story.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    All due respect, Rosebowl is clueless in all this
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    All due respect, Rosebowl is clueless in all this
    All due respect, he's been more correct than anybody here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He's done fine at ASU, but both Freeze and Malzahn did better in one year than Anderson ever has. That would give me serious pause.

Sarkisian seems to be the clear best candidate right now, and if the reports are true he would take the job if offered, I don't see how we can go with one of these others.
    True. However Bryan Harsin was a drop and went 7-5 the year after Malzhan. Hired by Boise St and has done extremely well.

vCash
    All due respect, he's been more correct than anybody here.
    He's no more correct than me. I haven't posted one rumor.

The rule of the 120 Club is what's said there stays off social media. That said, Rosebowl, who spoke there last night, isn't on the inside at all on this.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    True. However Bryan Harsin was a drop and went 7-5 the year after Malzhan. Hired by Boise St and has done extremely well.
    Oh, I'm not saying his record at Arkansas State means he shouldn't be hired. I'm just saying it's not really that impressive by itself knowing the success the coaches before him had. And it's possible Harsin would have had more success had he stayed as long as Anderson has.

I'm just saying we shouldn't use his results at Arkansas State as the reason to hire him. There has to be more if we're going that route.

vCash
    Oh, I'm not saying his record at Arkansas State means he shouldn't be hired. I'm just saying it's not really that impressive by itself knowing the success the coaches before him had. And it's possible Harsin would have had more success had he stayed as long as Anderson has.

I'm just saying we shouldn't use his results at Arkansas State as the reason to hire him. There has to be more if we're going that route.
    Oh I know and I agree. Harsin probably does improve from his one year as well.

Also, for reference to those who are still hung up in Hud, Anderson has a better win percentage in the same league. So that is a positive in his favor for those who want Hud.