Page 100 of 148 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    True - at the end of the day the state produces enough rates talent that we should always be in the 30's. It's how you can sell your program outside the state that tells me if you can really recruit or not. That and keeping the absolute top talent in state if you have more influence than OM in that area. I mean a kid like Dean was a great fit at MSU (4H kid, etc) and it was a position of huge need and we couldn't even get an official visit.
    Kinda hard going against Georgia, who lately have been in the playoff discussion.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I'm just saying we couldn't even get him on an official. Losing to Georgia isn't anything totally shameful but if we're going to climb the mountain we have to keep some of the top players in state and at MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    1. I'd wait till signing day to be touting his recruiting skills. I think we'll lose a couple of highly rated guys.

2. Were currently 20th with 6-7 more commits than a lot of other schools. We've hit our ceiling on that ranking while others can move past us.

3. Dan had several classes in the mid 20s (where this one will end up IMO). And he had a class ranked 18th.

4. Our highest rated guys in this class are skill guys which tend to be more hit or miss than interior guys.

All that to say I think the notions of JoMo being some elite recruiter are being grossly exaggerated and it's become the narrative with everyone that mentions keeping him.
    If Mullen was still here right now, our current class would be many spots down from where we currently sit. Now, this class is likely to get dismantled due to bad losses this year, but if everything else is equal on the field, JoMo tops Mullen in recruiting.

vCash
    but JoMo couldn't motivate a soul, thus the end result will be much worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    If Mullen was still here right now, our current class would be many spots down from where we currently sit. Now, this class is likely to get dismantled due to bad losses this year, but if everything else is equal on the field, JoMo tops Mullen in recruiting.
    .....and if IF were a skiff we could all go sailing.....this is so disheartening

vCash
    No it wouldn’t. It would be within a point or two in the rankings either way. Even keeping who we have, we’re going to finish mid 20s at best anyway, and bottom of our division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No it wouldn’t. It would be within a point or two in the rankings either way. Even keeping who we have, we’re going to finish mid 20s at best anyway, and bottom of our division.
    Nope, because Marks would have never been on the list.

vCash
    Nope, because Marks would have never been on the list.
    That’s false, in the sense that Mullen signed a player rated that high or higher nearly every year...2 players higher than Marks in 2 classes, I believe. Cooter point is pretty much right on

vCash
    FYI - Don't know who he is looking at, but my cousin just texted me that Deke Adams is at the Marietta vs McEachern game outside Atlanta. Hopefully my Marietta Blue Devils can pull one out tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The biggest thing Joe has done is balance out the roster. That’s a big deal. We shouldn’t be starting freshmen at DT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That’s false, in the sense that Mullen signed a player rated that high or higher nearly every year...2 players higher than Marks in 2 classes, I believe. Cooter point is pretty much right on
    We aren't talking about other classes. Marks would not be a Mullen commit. I'll let you find an equal or greater ranked player that Mullen would have committed right now.

vCash
    We aren't talking about other classes. Marks would not be a Mullen commit. I'll let you find an equal or greater ranked player that Mullen would have committed right now.
    I don’t have to, your statement is just hyperbole because we have a history showing that Mullen did have players rated higher for several of his classes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I don’t have to, your statement is just hyperbole because we have a history showing that Mullen did have players rated higher for several of his classes.
    We'll see how Marks ends up in the rankings.

vCash
    We'll see how Marks ends up in the rankings.
    You think he ends up a 5-star like Simmons or Jones?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You think he ends up a 5-star like Simmons or Jones?
    It doesn't matter who we have at RB with this Mickey Mouse offense where he runs over to the qb, STOPS, then has to get the ball and read the defense. Takes about 3 seconds before he can actually get back to the LOS. That's why Kylin is struggling against average to above average teams. OL can't be expected to hold their blocks for that long while all this reading of the defense is going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    It doesn't matter who we have at RB with this Mickey Mouse offense where he runs over to the qb, STOPS, then has to get the ball and read the defense. Takes about 3 seconds before he can actually get back to the LOS. That's why Kylin is struggling against average to above average teams. OL can't be expected to hold their blocks for that long while all this reading of the defense is going on.
    The chances of us signing Marks are slipping by the day. Kylin lacks vision and speed. He's tough though and plays for a shit team. I also agree, this offense won't do anyone any favors. Perhaps it's designed for little league football.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The chances of us signing Marks are slipping by the day. Kylin lacks vision and speed. He's tough though and plays for a shit team. I also agree, this offense won't do anyone any favors. Perhaps it's designed for little league football.
    If Joe is here so will Marks. If Joe is gone then all bets are off.

vCash
    Saw where Martavius French LB from Memphis decommitted from Arkansas today. Any shot here? I know we were on him at one point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    Saw where Martavius French LB from Memphis decommitted from Arkansas today. Any shot here? I know we were on him at one point.
    It seems like the Memphis LB trio (French, McDonald, and Eason) are trending to UT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It seems like the Memphis LB trio (French, McDonald, and Eason) are trending to UT.
    That's what I assumed