Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
I don't know about the atmosphere at a better/bigger game, but the game itself is much better than MLS in the upper English divisions. After watching the League Two game I'd say it wasn't much, if any, below MLS. Prices for the EPL are all over the place. There were two games we could have made in London. One was Liverpool-Chelski. On the resale market there were seats in the Chelsea sections for about 250 pounds. I obviously would have had to have away tickets, no way I could have kept quiet at that one. Those were 350. Throw in train and tube tickets and it would have been close to 425 pounds each for the day, not counting food/drink. For the two of us who would have gone it would have been at least a 1000 pound ($1250) day. That was just too much with everything else we were spending on the trip. We also could have gone to Wolves at Crystal Palace. Those tickets were around 85-125 pounds. We seriously considered this. Palace is one of my other teams. The reason we settled on Cambridge was it was about a 30 minute walk to the stadium from the hotel, and the price. We still had most of the day to do other things. Going to Crystal Palace would have blown the whole day. Cambridge is about an hour by train from London but Crystal Palace is in South London, almost directly on the other side of the metro area from Cambridge. We would have been looking at at least another 40 minutes or so on the tube from Kings Cross Station. It would have blown the whole day. If you do go don't limit yourself to the EPL. There are a LOT of lower level clubs in London and close by. Also don't forget about the Cups. We went to a League Cup game at a League One team the last time we were over.
We have never been to London so I hope that I can schedule something we were planning on doing that might be close to any stadium. I am not a real fan of any Premier League team. I kind of follow Chelsea because one of my friends lived over there for a while and was close to the stadium. He became a fan just because he could walk there and he is the only other person I know that even watches it. I rarely watch an entire game unless it isn't conflicting with something else on Saturday morning but watch highlights most of the time.