First of all, they are the luckiest team on earth, to get to host a regional vs. a welfare national seed. That brings up another point, because the committee is screwing over better teams because they are using the RPI almost exclusively, which is a formula that favors mid-majors and northern teams. ULL being the #1 overall last year is in the same vein, that enabled Ole Miss an easier path.

With all the scholarship disadvantages we have, and all the money pouring into other SEC programs (enabling them to build nice facilities), and the in-fighting among our own, it's hard not to think we may have missed our chances at baseball greatness. I know I am thinking with negative emotions right now due to our season and the Supers right now, but so be it. However, on the bright side, it can't get much worse than watching Ole Miss last year.

I still believe the future is bright (starting next year ie immediately, or really tomorrow) and Cohen is the absolute right guy for the job, but that does not take away the sting of watching fellow SEC programs taste success in what used to be OUR sport. The Thunder/Lightning documentary, while I enjoyed it, was sort of bittersweet in the fact that we have so much history but yet still arguably a middle of the pack SEC team according to on-field results.

Negative rant over.