Six years ago I started having some very troubling symptoms and ended up at a gastroenterologist at the age of 43. I had my first colonoscopy where a large polyp was found that was extremely close to not being a polyp any more. I had a follow up the next year where a couple of small ones were found and today I had my third one where a couple of very small ones were found and removed. I say that to say this...

If you're having any symptoms that you know aren't right or are above 45 years old get this done. Colon cancer kills a lot of people every year, and most, if not all, of it could be avoided or treated early with full recovery with this 20 minute test. I was almost a statistic, but I was scared enough to have the test and glad I did. And truth be told the test is nothing to be scared of. You sleep through the entire thing. The worst part is the super colon blow prep you have to do. That poor motel toilet will never be the same. Not sure how I'll end up meeting my Maker. It may be driving into another tornado and it end up being one I can't drive out of, but I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure it isn't colon cancer. I hope everybody here does the same.