Not heart broken about losing Cohen, never been a huge fan of him as our AD. His track record is not so great in the major sports. Cannizzaro was a bad hire (I originally gave Cohen a pass on this one until I got some additional insight that changed my perspective), NML was a disaster, JoMo wasn't good (even if it was a great hire on paper, he botched the firing after the egg bowl so we waited until after the bowl game), he ran his mouth during the second baseball search. The jury is still out on the new basketball hires (I hope both do very well). IMO all coaching hires are crapshoots BUT he really hasn't hit on the first one in any sport. As far as raising $$; my enthusiasm to give is lower than it has ever been. I gave up my football tickets 2 years ago (had same seats for a decade+). I still give but not as much and as enthusiastically as I used to.

All that being said it is concerning to me that we are losing our second alumnus AD to another program. My question is why? Cohen took a substantial pay cut to become AD; so hard to believe it's money. Cohen does t strike me as a guy that believes MSU/he can't compete, so it isn't that. Auburn is. Dumpster fire in football, and known for being run by boosters. Plus it's little brother to Bama. So it isn't like he's leaving for a no-lose
Situation. So shy leave?

All I can figure is:

1. Cohen has some things he wants to pursue to better the program and his upper leadership is stifling him so he's leaving
OR
2. He feels
That he's tied to Leach and that he is not going to be successful here and wants to get out while he can.

What do y'all think "