Was one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen at MSU.

But....but.... we have injuries. Yeah well we could have pitched Tullar, Talley, Pico, Fristoe, and KC. Could have also pitched Walker and Cheatham.

So no we didn't "have to" pitch him. In fact I've never seen a position player that wasn't a true dual position guy come in that situation ever.

Our coaches overthought things and we got burned.
Period. That look even dumber with how Tullar and Talley performed.

But....but....we want to save our arms for games that matter. We routinely and have always pitched some of our weekend relief guys midweek for every coach going back to Polk including Lemonis. Even this year. We pitched two guys that we used this past weekend tonight.

Our fans like to pat our coaches on the back for saving arms. And yet we have what? Three out for the year and one literally MIA with some unknown injury that Ian Tommy John but requires surgery per rumor? Maybe pithing once a week isn't the answer after all.

And no one is talking about what might have happened if Lane hurts his arm. Then our shortstop is down who has been hot and it would hurt us defensively too.

But....but.... we only scored 2 runs tonight. Yeah and our shortstop allowed three in a game we lost by three. And now because we overthought things we didn't get an opportunity to win the game in extra innings.

I like Lemonis. But he overthought this one. Sometimes the best move is the normal move.