Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
There were at least 7 or 8 times when Will didn’t throw intermediate routes that were wide ass open. I’m not talking about throwing vertical routes. I’m talking about the intermediate routes that were wide open all day and he either scrambled or checked it down or took a sack. He had a great completion % but if he is throwing them to the wrong targets that means little when we have 14 points on Louisiana tech through 3 quarters. He gets credit for hitting those routes in the 4th quarter but there is only so much credit to give when La Tech is the opponent. Just because I think he played really bad for a large portion of the game does not mean I think everyone else played well on offense. The penalties and fumbles by a guy who keeps getting free passes for fumbling in huge moments have to stop. It’s unacceptable.
That's what I see too. We need to start hitting those guys 10-15 yards downfield more. Like we did in the fourth quarter. That deep corner route was wide open several times and we even hit it some.