Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
Well, if by "always something" you mean he spent most of his career sitting behind better athletes at Alabama, and was injured last year, then yes, it's always been something with him. Now I don't expect him to be all SEC or anything, but I would not have been shocked if he started for us last year, and I won't be shocked if he starts for us this year. I am guessing he's either going to be a backup or a weak link starter for us.
He had some small injury issues at Alabama that contributed to him staying behind, he had something small once he came to State prior to the injury that kept him out all of last year, and he's already been banged up some from a different injury this offseason. Heck he almost didn't even come back this season, just was going to move on with life.

I wouldn't have been shocked if he started for us some last season either, we were down 7 guys at one point, playing a guys in positions they had never played. And we still don't have much depth across the OL, nor do we know how the contact tracing rules will look this year, so won't be shocked if he ends up as a starter at some point this year.

It would be nice if he could just be a solid, dependable starter or rotational player. Nothing special, just decent and available. I'm just saying he's never been a contributor and/or consistently available so far in his 5+ year career, so at this point I'll believe he's that guy when I see it. I hope he is.