Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
It's picking which condiments you want on your shit sandwich. That said, if I'm going to be forced to eat a shit sandwich, I'd at least like the choice of condiments and I don't see how Kemp is to blame for allowing that.

I would not go to a massage therapist and if my wife were a massage therapist, I would want her to not work in hopes that get some surprise good news as far as treatment in the next month or so. But my wife is also low risk as far as anybody knows and for her the risk of death probably is something like the flu, or maybe double it (which is still very small), and if she wanted to go back to work, it'd be hard for me to be too upset about it and it's certainly not the governor's place to tell her not to. There certainly could be a pandemic where the disease was so bad the infringement on personal liberty was justified, but this one isn't, as bad as it is.
The shit sandwich is a pretty good comparison. But, I think the risk is higher than the flu for my wife's business. We live in an a tourist/retirement community. Her average client is well over 65, many have health issues, many will probably not come back for a long time because of this. My wife's concerns are much more about the risk to her clients then it is about the risk to her - and making sure the environment she provides is safe.

When you are licensed and regulated by the State - which massage therapists are - then it is the job of the Governor/governments job to tell you when to be open or not. The entire reason it is a regulated industry is for health and public wellness reasons - why should it be different now?