Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Yes, this is reasonable and that's the last time I put gas in my car too lol! I'm used to traveling and i've been in the office for a month now and my gas bill has gone way down lol! That being said I've lived and run a business in Laurel/Jones County for a long time and know most of the business owners here. Outside of Walmart, Lowes and Sonic most business owners I've talked to are down over 50% and climbing since this thing started. That's not just looking at it and saying "well I can't tell a difference here", it's a fact. That's not sustainable for very long at all. Some have shuttered for good already, and I'm sure the same scenario is playing out all over the country. I don't have the answers but I do know it's a fact if something doesn't give soon the virus won't devastate near as many families as the economic disaster.
And that's why I'm saying if we did one good SIP a month ago that had some teeth for 2-3 weeks we may have been able to get on top of this and start to be returning things to normal now. But we opted for a very limited phased approach not wanting to disrupt the economy and it caused it to drag out for months now and do 100x the damage to the economy as the one massive short term shutdown would have done.