1. I think, like all the professional leagues, college football should've gone into a "transaction freeze" with the portal & transfers until coaches could be around players in person again. Seems like this situation creates shady circumstances that would not exist under more normal circumstances.

2. I hope Vic leaving helps our men's basketball program. I realize we have some emotional opinions on this, but the truth is that most MSU fans live 2 hours from campus & they were mostly having to choose between driving to MSU once a week to watch Men's or Women's basketball. Hard to do both when you're not located in a populated area

3. I don't like the Vic handled this. He came across as a stand up guy that would handle this better. Maybe that's unfair to him, but I don't care.

4. I think this Lovett situation could end up being a good thing for Leach. 1. He gets rid of a player that likely dragged some portion of the culture down & 2. He learned a lesson about the SEC & the microscope you are under down here & the culture of some of the players you coach. My guess is that he pulls back on twitter a good bit & just focuses more on coaching football. I realize MSU isn't Bama, but in the SEC there is just going to be more scrutiny. Welcome to Broadway Leach!

5. It'll be interesting to see if we have any more portal entrances today. We may lose a little more talent through this, but having the RIGHT players is way more important than having a few more stars. Hopefully I'm not sharing private info, but Rosebowl told a good story yesterday as he often does. He said an insider told him that a starter on the team sent a text message to one of the new coaches asking if he could set up a meeting about these news workouts. The coach responded, "No need for a meeting. You're either in or your out. Let me know." Point being.... we are going to win big with Leach & don't miss the forest for the trees & a few bad apple players.