Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say we have serious weapons on offense. Bibby and AEH are above average spot shooters but can't do anything off the bounce. Danberry is above average and penetrating and finishing and has a nice jumper 15 and in. Matharu and Jackson can get where they want to go, they just don't understand spacing and often over dribble and get into trouble when an open jumper was available one second sooner. Carter shoots a high % but shes never looks like an elite post scorer against teams with a pulse.

The rest are streaky and inconsistent.

Side note - there is no way Matharu should be so bad from the FT line (59%). Anyone else notice she shoots FT insanely fast like it's a grenade. Her jump shot motion is one of the best on the team but she really rushes her FT.
Respectfully disagree. We do have serious weapons on O. Every great player has limits. VV could not play the post. T had little range. Pick any top player out there. 99% are not good at everything. Not what I said.

Hunter set the SEC record for a game in 3 pointers; we know Bibby can shoot it. They are two very good, better than average outside shooters. Wiggins and Matharu can score out there too and even Jackson sometimes.

Carter has never been stopped this year except by refs. She is dominant and deadly inside 12ft. I'd challenge anyone to come up with a WBB player more productive per minute than her. Foul trouble been her biggest issue.

Danberry, show me a more unstoppable drive player and good finisher inside 10ft; slumping lately though

Wiggins does a little of everything; great slasher and decent outside. Matharu super talented freshmen. Mingo also good frosh.
Jackson is really talented just not consistent yet.

So if we play to our player strengths depending on what D does, we can be lethal on O. We were in top 5 in country in O most of the year so stats say we are really good.