Thread: Interesting to see if this gets covered

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Interesting to see if this gets covered

Yesterday the news of freshman TE Christian Morgan leaving came out. Immediately it didn't jump out at me b/c attrition happens everywhere. It's part of the game. Then I watched Freeze's interview post practice. It can be seen here http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/20...nclick_check=1

reporter- I haven't seen Christian Morgan out here.

Freeze- "Christian is no longer, he's gonna, he's gonna, uh either decide to not play football and maybe go somewhere else or stay here and not play. It's just uh, he's got to the point where he can't overcome that difficult uh, injury he's had."

reporter- "When did you make that decision?"

Freeze- "About a week ago. It's been, it's been on his mind for a while".

reproter- "He actually sat down with you?"

Freeze- "Ya last week. Well, this, this week. Todays, my days are running together. Um, I believe it was um, Saturday. Last Saturday."

Now pair that with a tweet that Christian Morgan tweeted after those comments went public (it is now deleted but can be found at @HeadtoHead twitter feed)

"@C_Morgan2013: I have not decided to quit football, I am just transferring from Ole Miss. ...appreciate the opportunity they gave me."

That doesn't sound to me like Christian can't overcome an injury. I have zero inside knowledge whatsoever but it looks like he got cut. Unfortunately that happens all the time. It's unfortunate for the kid but it's part of college football.

I want to be clear. Morgan getting cut doesn't make Freeze a bad guy. BUT this is where he gets himself in trouble on the recruiting trail. I do not understand why he didn't just say, "Christian is no longer with us. I wish him the best..." Instead he sells us that it was b/c of an injury and he wouldn't play football and then the kid immediately says the opposite on twitter.
    Last edited by Coach34; 12-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.