and we will join:

Georgia 4-3
    Florida 4-3
    Tenn 4-3
    Vandy 4-3
    Ole Miss 4-3
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'm not sure if this is supposed to make me feel better or worse.

Banned
    vCash
    We can beat USC. Besides Clowney MSU has more talent on the field than USC right now.

vCash
    OM's fan base is jacked about 4-3... ours is "woe is me" about 4-3.

we can beat SC, but it won't count as our "signature win" because then they'll just be another down team this year. If we have four wins with SC, OM, Ark, and A&M left on the schedule I'll feel pretty good about finding 2 more.

Arkansas is reeling right now and their offensive strength buts heads against our defensive strength. Good matchup for us.

Egg bowl is in Starkville and we'll be more prepared for them than we have been for any other team in CDM's tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Arkansas is reeling right now and their offensive strength buts heads against our defensive strength. Good matchup for us.
    Arkansas has been out scored 104-7 the last two games. That hurts no matter how you slice it.

vCash
    I like numbers, so I looked some up.

Record of teams that have beaten State - 17-4
    Record of teams that have beaten Ole Miss - 18-3

Record of teams that State has beaten - 15-7 (16-12 after we beat UK)
    Record of teams that Ole Miss has beaten - 15-13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    OM's fan base is jacked about 4-3... ours is "woe is me" about 4-3.
    Maybe bc they have already played bama, A&M, and lsu and now play three straight games that they will win. Just a thought.

vCash
    (if MSU wins Thur)
    MSU 4-3 winnable games left on schedule = 2

OM 4-3 winnable games left on schedule = 5

Yeah, we are like in the exact same boat.

Banned
    vCash
    USC is now a 50/50 game, I'd say that's winnable and we'll see about JFF. He was hurt Sat and aTm without JFF is very beatable. 8-4 is still alive but unlikely.

vCash
    I wouldn't say SCar is 50/50... but it all of a sudden got a lot more winnable...

Remaining Schedule:

UK - 90% chance of winning (Would be higher if not for the BG debacle)
    SCar - 45% chance of winning (Could go higher if they lose this weekend)
    A&M - 35% chance of winning (Could go higher depending on JFF's shoulder)
    Ark - 60% chance of winning (Reality has set in up there)
    TSUN - 55% chance of winning (HFA plus all of their injuries)

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    And our best win will be Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    and we will join:

Georgia 4-3
    Florida 4-3
    Tenn 4-3
    Vandy 4-3
    Ole Miss 4-3
    If you had told me before the season that we would have the same record as the bears after 7 games, I would have told you that you were out of your damn mind, but here we are.

Florida is just not a good team right now;

Tenn is figuring some stuff out, but their QB is still a joke.

UGA - The only team in the country with more injuries than the bears - and they got screwed in that game against Vandy on that 4th down targeting call.

Vandy - I guess they will get to 6 wins and Franklin may be headed to USC.

OM -I still think we beat them, their injury situation is going to catch up with them. They had two true freshman going against Beckham and Landry almost half the game and some long haired hippy playing DE a decent bit. I just don't see how they are able to keep it together.

vCash
    I would say Florida is a good comparison at 4-3. The rest of the teams actually have some name wins. Vandy only beat a beatdown UGA team...but it's still something. Mullen needs to go 6-6 in order for me to feel good about the season. I am assuming he can take down Kentucky and Arkansas. He has to be able to beat one of USC, A&M or Ole Miss. If he doesn't choke away that Auburn game, I am not nearly as pissed off with him this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    I would say Florida is a good comparison at 4-3. The rest of the teams actually have some name wins. Vandy only beat a beatdown UGA team...but it's still something. Mullen needs to go 6-6 in order for me to feel good about the season. I am assuming he can take down Kentucky and Arkansas. He has to be able to beat one of USC, A&M or Ole Miss. If he doesn't choke away that Auburn game, I am not nearly as pissed off with him this year.
    Arkansas is a must win - and based off what is going on down there, its bordering on a no excuses game. Just no excuse to lose that game.

vCash
    And like Hancock said, most of those teams have been destroyed by injuries. We don't have that excuse. We have had opportunities and just have not performed. When we have been punched in the mouth we have folded. These other teams at least showed some life. That's a problem either with coaching or heart from the players. Not sure which one it is, but it's a major problem.

vCash
    I think we have had a fair amount of injuries. But yeah, no excuse to lose that Auburn game. We should be sitting at 5 wins after this Thursday instead of 4.

vCash
    Say it was us that beat LSU Saturday. There would be State fans that would be defending how LSU lost the game instead of how we won the game.

vCash
    And there would be Ole Miss fans saying how down LSU is just like some State fans. It's nice and all to say how different we are, but when the other does something good, both fan bases go full retard.

vCash
    If we were 5-2 with a win over Auburn right now, there would be a lot less frustration. And Mullen lost the Auburn game, so the frustration is geared directly where it should be...at him.

Now, he has to make up for the Auburn choke by beating SC or A&M, plus win at Ark and against Ole miss. That's the only way he can make me feel any better.

And to try and make people think that we are sitting exactly where those other 4-3 teams are, is misleading to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    Say it was us that beat LSU Saturday. There would be State fans that would be defending how LSU lost the game instead of how we won the game.
    You're right. If lsu loses to aTm and bama, no one will say lsu was down. They'll just say freeze beat a top 10 team.