Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lebby Recruiting Grade

vCash

Lebby Recruiting Grade

Would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks so far about recruiting. At the moment I really don?t know who all we have in the boat. Seems they been coming at pretty fast pace. Would be nice for someone to do a recap in the recruiting thread. But so far, seems Lebby has come out gunning. As far a getting players in the boat, I have to give him an A. Hopefully, most will make a contribution. Would love to see him pull Daniel Hill. Would be a pretty big statement to me.

vCash
    So far C+ if he lands a few more defensive guys along with Hill and Stonka I'll give it a A-

vCash
    The effort is there for sure
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It's an incomplete for me until national signing day. That said right now overall- I'm pleased.

Our recruiting class was in shambles when he was hired and it appears as if he is making a nice salvage job out of it.

Seems to be addressing needs through recruiting and the portal and that's what is most important to me.

I think we're going to have a really strong 2025 class to supplement this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That all we can ask right now. If they stay at it this hard and we are able to keep any $$ behind it in the next couple of years it will pay dividends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's an incomplete for me until national signing day. That said right now overall- I'm pleased.

Our recruiting class was in shambles when he was hired and it appears as if he is making a nice salvage job out of it.

Seems to be addressing needs through recruiting and the portal and that's what is most important to me.

I think we're going to have a really strong 2025 class to supplement this one.
    This.

vCash
    And this.

vCash
    I think what he has done with the high school recruiting is A plus. He has turned some heads and his recruiting wkends seem to be popular.

In the portal he has had solid pickups with the two o lineman, Baylor qb, and utep wr. The older tight end brother will probably contribute, but the rest are depth guys and scout team guys it appears. I don?t hold the transfer portal recruiting against him. The top players in the portal want to make the playoffs and we don?t offer that currently. If he puts an exciting product on the field next year, his portal success will pick up.

vCash
    D+ for me until they are in school and probably a B then. But i think we have a winner in Lebby. he gets a full pass from me this year due to the shit show Arnett left us in.

vCash
    It's hard to recruit to a 5-7 dumpster fire.
    And when you need to spread your 5 million over 20 guys it's difficult. He's going to be fine.

vCash
    Offense: B+

Defense: D-

vCash
    B+ overall. Defensive recruiting was going to be a tough row to hoe no matter what with the turnover and Ole Miss doing well and having a lot of those kids locked up.

Get Hill and Burnside and it's hard to not give him at least an A because in the span of a couple months he would have assembled on paper the best offensive recruiting class we've ever had.

Get us a couple legit defensive guys or flip a Beavers and it's an A+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    D+ for me until they are in school and probably a B then. But i think we have a winner in Lebby. he gets a full pass from me this year due to the shit show Arnett left us in.
    This all day. We absolutely have to give Lebby some time to build this program back. This fanbase has been split since Moorhead.

vCash
    E for effort. C- for grade but I'm not mad about it. I understand the situation. Having said that, I'm very concerned about our 2024 defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    E for effort. C- for grade but I'm not mad about it. I understand the situation. Having said that, I'm very concerned about our 2024 defense.
    Do not worry. We are going to onside kick after the very score and never punt. If we are successful 50% of the time then State will do no worse than tie through 4 qtrs. Then in overtime, there is no punting or kicking off.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 12-17-2023 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    HS recruiting I'd give him B+. He came into a tough situation and got Van Buren and hopefully Stonka and Hill. I'd like the staff to flip an OM DL commit because some of those guys are going to be in the portal after next season.

Portal wise I'd give him a C right now. I'm not a fan of getting bodies and some of these guys are just that and won't contribute. Bright spots are of course, Shapen, Pounders and Minor, all of which are underrated in portal score. Defense has been very underwhelming thus far. Hopefully we can get the LB from Troy. I just hope our new coaches can coach up and develop our current roster quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Offense: B+

Defense: D-
    This all day. I think recruitimg offensively has been quite good. Shapen is actually a very talented QB if he can stay healthy. Defensive recruiting has been very weak. Our defensive staff seems a bit of a crapshoot and so does a lot of the portal players we are taking on that side of the.ball. If we finish in the Top 12 of the SEC in defense next season it would be quite surprising.

vCash
    Well we’ve got still got another shot at this portal some time next year. Not sure about the quality of players in the spring but it seems a still long way to go before we wrap this class up. Does the portal usually produce any quality players in the spring? Seems it would have to be some players at a blue blood looking for playing time.

vCash
    He's getting guys in that seem hungry to play. Everyone knows this is a rough spot. If he can get us scrappy next year I'll be happy. At least compete well with the lesser half of our league schedule

vCash
    Let?s also be honest with ourselves? it doesn?t help our perspective when we see what OM is doing portal wise on the defensive side.