Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbary to Houston as OC

vCash

Barbay to Houston as OC

Last edited by Coach34; 12-17-2023 at 05:58 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Good for him.

vCash
    That'd be swell Lumpy

vCash
    Good for him. Seems like a good guy.
    Could be good in time with the right situation and growth

vCash
    Super nice guy. I don't feel like he really had a chance with the situation he came into. The position coaches didn't even know the offense when he started.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep he's a good guy. Wish him the best. He got thrown into a bad situation and was totally hamstringed by Arnett. I hope he does well at Houston.

vCash
    I don't care where he is as long as it's not here. Was not impressed wi him or his system at all.

vCash
    They have running up the middle on third and ten and long ass developing jet sweeps to look forward to.

Not having Will Friend and Mike Schmidt to coach the o-line is probably going to be helpful though.

vCash
    So if we hired Fritzy we would have retained?

vCash
    I hope there was some offset language in the second year of his contract with us for his getting a new job. That would save us some money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    So if we hired Fritzy we would have retained?
    It's scary to think about. Fritz has had offenses that run about 60% of the time or more during his career and Tulane's offense was similar to ours scheme wise. So maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I hope there was some offset language in the second year of his contract with us for his getting a new job. That would save us some money.
    We definitely overpaid for him especially given his resume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Good for him. Seems like a good guy.
    Could be good in time with the right situation and growth
    He is a good guy. Hope he does well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He is a good guy. Hope he does well
    Do you think some of the other assistants walked all over him?

Sometimes that happens with nice people.

vCash
    It?s obvious based off past success that the guy is a better OC than what he showed here. I also wonder if Arnett messed him up? Also, Mike Wright?s absolute inability to pass at all hampered it big time.

vCash
    Good luck to him. Hopefully he improves. It's pretty obvious he wasn't ready to be a sole OC without the HC to hold the bike steady. We shall see if that trend continues since Fritz is a defensive guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It?s obvious based off past success that the guy is a better OC than what he showed here. I also wonder if Arnett messed him up? Also, Mike Wright?s absolute inability to pass at all hampered it big time.
    No one thought Rogers would be as bad as he was in this offense. We all knew he had his limitations but not to the degree he displayed. Barbay has a good future as an OC but nobody will ever make Rogers a good RPO QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    No one thought Rogers would be as bad as he was in this offense. We all knew he had his limitations but not to the degree he displayed. Barbay has a good future as an OC but nobody will ever make Rogers a good RPO QB.
    I think the next couple of years show the problem was more us than it was Barbay. Certain people didnt buy in to the offense- then Rogers got hurt- and by the end it was just riding it out to the finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If you do a deep dive you would see that Barbay has been under offensive minded coaches who had been OC's in the past. This year was the first time he has called an offense at this level with little oversight. There were rumors about App State's coach meddling with the play calling because of some of the same complaints our fans had about Barbay.

Also App State's numbers were a bit wonky. They played two FCS teams and they had a game where they scored 61 points which was an outlier.

There were some red flags and honestly he was worse than I expected. We all know about Will and how much worse he looked in this offense. Mike Wright was also better at Vanderbilt and was serviceable at times there- good enough to beat some people like Kentucky.