Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Po ole Mittittippi Tate is so broke in NIL

vCash
    Lots of bitching at C34 here and he was not wrong, he try's really hard not to look at things through maroon colored glasses, something that many here should to do too. We started out from greatly disadvantaged position due to lack of vision from a previous AD, now due to the tireless efforts of two men and a new direction with support from the AD things are turning the corner for the good. But, we are still playing from behind and we absolutely do not and never will have the resources of most of the institutions in our league. The men that are moving the NIL forward are well aware of these facts and they know that we have to out work and out think the competition, that's what we do. Kudos to the gentlemen that are leading the BI keep giving it all you have, its sink or swim now in and ever evolving environment , great job y'all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I have no idea. Just wanting a reference point to compare what we have.
    They topped out at 10 million. A lot of that I believe was borrowed. I am sure they spent a bunch of it on QB's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Rightttttttt

And here I why I posted what I did. The costs of players are rising:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/17698...ansfer-offers/
    He's right. We were at 5 million just for football before lebby was hired. Actually a little over.
    If the guys are there who are worth the value, I expect us to spend to 4-5 million on this cycle (includes paying current guys I'm assuming).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I pointed out our NIL was low in the SEC- we hire a new coach who realizes the same thing and tells us to get off our ass and raise money.

Now we are raising money.

It's not hard to understand
    Exactly! The only way to get a serious HC or keep one is go ante up with nil. No one is going to go into this without that commitment. Would be career suicide.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Hopefully we are pushing to get a lot of people signed up for monthly donations.

That is the way. It should be a campaign . I?m worried the NiL peopl see the power of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Hopefully we are pushing to get a lot of people signed up for monthly donations.

That is the way. It should be a campaign . I?m worried the NiL peopl see the power of this.
    Is it against the rules to provide something back to the monthly subscribers? They could do like a SWAG box or something that goes up in tiers the more you donate monthly. Exclusive hats/shirts/chairs/Player signed memorabilia ect.. Something to reward people monthly to keep it fresh and keep people wanting to continue to contribute.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Great idea. Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    Is it against the rules to provide something back to the monthly subscribers? They could do like a SWAG box or something that goes up in tiers the more you donate monthly. Exclusive hats/shirts/chairs/Player signed memorabilia ect.. Something to reward people monthly to keep it fresh and keep people wanting to continue to contribute.
    Nothing is against the rules. You could do all kinds of things. Meet and greet with players and coaches, autographed memorabilia based on donation level, special seats within the stadium and at different events, swag, all kinds of stuff to increase donations. You could even do a pay site/ recruiting service to see targets for recruiting. None of it could be directly associated to the university but it could be handled at a 3rd person level as a private entity.

vCash
    MSU has more billionaires than OM. We just need them to push some $ toward sports.
    OM does a better job getting donations from the mids.