Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMHO no previous FB staff member should be retained, NOBODY!

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Bumphis is staying. And I don?t see how Bumphis can be judged by this dumpster fire of an offense this year. Kyle Whittingham obviously thought Bumphis could coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    If we can get Stonka back (which you can't blame on Bump), we'll sign 3 4-star WRs in his first recruiting cycle!
    I get that line of thinking, but is it a good move to keep a coach for a recruit when he has no experience with the system coming in? That’s leveraging the future for one player don’t you think?

vCash
    My take: Lebby gets to keep who he wants and not keep those he doesn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Bumphis is staying. And I don?t see how Bumphis can be judged by this dumpster fire of an offense this year. Kyle Whittingham obviously thought Bumphis could coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I get that line of thinking, but is it a good move to keep a coach for a recruit when he has no experience with the system coming in? That’s leveraging the future for one player don’t you think?
    I don't know how anyone could look at everything going on on the field this year and even begin to blame Bump (or really even give him a true evaluation) for how the WRs played. The only thing that you can really evaluate him on is his recruiting, and he's KILLING that!

vCash
    I don't know how anyone could look at everything going on on the field this year and even begin to blame Bump (or really even give him a true evaluation) for how the WRs played. The only thing that you can really evaluate him on is his recruiting, and he's KILLING that!
    If the new guy wants to keep him and is comfortable with it then good. But to keep a guy because he’s a fan favorite that thinks he does one part of his job well makes zero sense.

vCash
    Killing it?? He has gotten one recruit. Harrell. And maybe can get one back in Burnside. That is not killing it. Killing it would be multiple 4 and 5 stars. Again, I think you have to take the maroon colored glasses off. Whittingham and Ludwig have never had bad WR play at Utah so I do not think that is Bumphis as much as it is that offense and it being second nature at Utah.

I mean if Lebby wants to keep him then I am good with it. I just do not think we are going to lose all our receivers because Bumphis is let go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Killing it?? He has gotten one recruit. Harrell. And maybe can get one back in Burnside. That is not killing it. Killing it would be multiple 4 and 5 stars. Again, I think you have to take the maroon colored glasses off. Whittingham and Ludwig have never had bad WR play at Utah so I do not think that is Bumphis as much as it is that offense and it being second nature at Utah.

I mean if Lebby wants to keep him then I am good with it. I just do not think we are going to lose all our receivers because Bumphis is let go.
    I feel these ole boys believe way too much of what Rosey prints.

vCash

I mean he's being kept...so, it's kind of a moot point, but we're about to get Mario Craver...another 4-star, if we can get Stonka back, that's 3...have we ever signed 3 4-star receivers in the same class? Hell, have we ever signed 2?

vCash
    I mean he's being kept...so, it's kind of a moot point, but we're about to get Mario Craver...another 4-star, if we can get Stonka back, that's 3...have we ever signed 3 4-star receivers in the same class? Hell, have we ever signed 2?
    Whop, Guidry, and Heath. All in the same class.

vCash
    How has said he’s being kept?

vCash
    I feel these ole boys believe way too much of what Rosey prints.
    Well they have listened to Hadad, Rosebowl, and Faulk for years make him out to be the second coming of Brian Hartline. What most do not understand is that they do this because he feeds them info. Rosebowl still has other sources but Faulk and Hadad do not have any outside of him, other than being fed exactly what the program wants in the media.

vCash
    How has said he’s being kept?
    No one. Rosebowl and Faulk have just about resigned themselves to the fact that he will not be kept.

vCash
    No one. Rosebowl and Faulk have just about resigned themselves to the fact that he will not be kept.
    The on3 folks seem to be hinting around the exact opposite...Paul has even come out and said that he's going to be retained
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 11-28-2023 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    Someone needs to take a Valium and calm down. It's all gonna be ok and lebby will get who he wants and there's absolutely people on this staff who we need to keep. Now if Lebby decides he doesn't want anyone then I'm good with that too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    My take: Lebby gets to keep who he wants and not keep those he doesn't.
    100%!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Someone needs to take a Valium and calm down. It's all gonna be ok and lebby will get who he wants and there's absolutely people on this staff who we need to keep. Now if Lebby decides he doesn't want anyone then I'm good with that too.
    ^^^this!

vCash
    Correct. I could care less who we keep/can. Getting rid of the brain fart trust of Arnett, Peterson, and Friend is the biggest gain in all of this.

vCash
    Zac Selmon is the GM. We don't need a go between.

vCash
    100%!
    Amen to that, let tre man decide who he wants.

vCash

And he's going to pull Cunningham too. Probably about to get a guy that was committed to Auburn too.