Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMHO no previous FB staff member should be retained, NOBODY!

vCash

IMHO no previous FB staff member should be retained, NOBODY!

IMHO due to bad juju & bad karma from 2023 season - no previous coach should be retained or kept.

A new coach probably does not want to balance a NEW VISION with a previous vision and staff, considered old, not by age but by vision. This is a new vision, a new mentality, a new way of running a football program. We can't have any previous coach blocking the positive vision & goals coming now from Lebby.

I suspect Lebby has his own guys who are LIGHT YEARS LEGIT ahead of the 2023 staff.

As far as recruiting - one can already see Lebby will be able to connect to MS players, families, mothers, grandma, etc. I don't think he will need ANY previous coach from last year to do this. He knows how to recruit, doesn't need dated ideas from last year.

Before you sentimentalist start talking about Bump or Hughes or Turner - there are more qualified, better performing coaches who have SEC experience & who taught a WR how to catch a football, taught an RB how to run & block or taught a DL how to rush a QB from the DL. Some of you act like Bump/Hughes/Turner are somehow sacred??? I hate to say this, but sadly, the game has past all of them by, it's sad and honest truth. Now, with Bump, he just doesn't have a track record of performance with WR players req. in the SEC. I don't mind him working for the University in some kind of funding role or something for NIL since he is still young, but not on the field. Lebby can find a much better WR coach.

Sadly, if you take out the emotions: they all had their chance and all of their performance results came back as: 5-7 w/Egg Bowl loss and 1-7 in the SEC.

This is the only thing to analyze: data, results and performance. These guys did not perform or could not connect or didn't have the energy left as they once did. Again, appreciate all their efforts and work for MSU FB, but their time has passed.

vCash
    I'd happily donate some of my vCash so you could hire an editor with a penchant for brevity.***

vCash
    Someone forgot his ADD Meds this morning/ Sorry Tater.

vCash
    I get your point but miss isn't the same as other states in recruiting someone needs to know the lay of the land. Now if the head of recruiting doesn't listen, ie emerick and Dudek then it doesn't matter and fire em all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I get your point but miss isn't the same as other states in recruiting someone needs to know the lay of the land. Now if the head of recruiting doesn't listen, ie emerick and Dudek then it doesn't matter and fire em all.
    Speaking of head of recruiting, whom is going to fill the GM role? I'm assuming we will have one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Someone forgot his ADD Meds this morning/ Sorry Tater.
    Naah, Tater never let his cat sit on the keyboard.

vCash
    We aren't getting rid of everybody, so your juju is yours.

vCash
    Nah, we should keep Bump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Nah, we should keep Bump
    Does not sound like we will and honestly that might be best. Our receivers were bad last year. There is no way around it. Whether he was being hamstrung by Barbay, or Peterson, or Arnett, or whoever it really does not matter. At the end of the day he is the position coach and that position looked terrible. Running into each other, wrong routes, missed assignments, drops, etc. I mean that position group had a ton of problems. And honestly if the only reason we are keeping him is Harrell and to have a shot at Cunningham then we need to move on anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'd happily donate some of my vCash so you could hire an editor with a penchant for brevity.***
    I’m in on that.

vCash
    Ok let's get this straight. To remove bad juju and get the swag going we need to get rid of everyone one that had anything to do with the previous staff and all the old blue haired fans. It would be better to relocate the dead Indians that have had some major bad juju over us for years.

vCash
    Nah, we should keep Bump
    I have seen do many say this and have yet to understand why. This offense was awful, like historically bad. And it’s not recruiting that is also just plain awful. I guess the rationale is that he is a beloved player from the past. Correct.

vCash
    Nah, we should keep Bump
    Why? Our WR were pretty bad and his recruiting is nothing impressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I have seen do many say this and have yet to understand why. This offense was awful, like historically bad. And it’s not recruiting that is also just plain awful. I guess the rationale is that he is a beloved player from the past. Correct.
    I have came to the same conclusion. If this was Mike Schmidt coaching receivers or Kevin Barbay and they looked like this we would have been screaming for them to go. Some are trying to make excuses because Bumphis played at State. His group was just plain BAD. They had way too much talent and ability to look like they did this year.

vCash
    His opinion is anything but humble.... or experienced
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    It's the same reason multiple people have pushed for Boobie to be hired as RB coach. Do you remember that a few years ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    It's the same reason multiple people have pushed for Boobie to be hired as RB coach. Do you remember that a few years ago?
    Oh yea.

vCash
    Nah, we should keep Bump
    Why. His group was undisciplined on and off the field. Drops, wrong routes, blocking on pass plays, blindside blocks, suspensions, etc...

vCash
    I don't mind Bump only because he is a former player and would like him to have to opportunity to excel under Lebby. BUT, if Lebby thinks he would be more of a burden then cut him loose.

vCash
    If we can get Stonka back (which you can't blame on Bump), we'll sign 3 4-star WRs in his first recruiting cycle!