Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2024 FOOTBALL Staff Thread

vCash
    There was 100% nothing wrong with the DC hire. The guy has a history that includes being at the top colleges teaching the game including TX as a Co-DC. They wanted him back this year too!

No I don't want him to turn his back on Bama. If he does it to them, he would do it to us. Plus it's nice to have a DC walk into a recruit's home with ring that reads NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on it and talk about how he is bringing that level of dedication to our Defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    There was 100% nothing wrong with the DC hire. The guy has a history that includes being at the top colleges teaching the game including TX as a Co-DC. They wanted him back this year too!

No I don't want him to turn his back on Bama. If he does it to them, he would do it to us. Plus it's nice to have a DC walk into a recruit's home with ring that reads NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on it and talk about how he is bringing that level of dedication to our Defense
    Mostly agree with you. Pedigree is good and solid rep as a recruiter.

I do understand the concerns about breaking in a first time DC under a first time head coach. That is mostly where the question comes from.

If we are going to roll the dice on young guys, high energy, strong recruiters, and players coaches I am good with that. But I get if it makes some people nervous and they wish for more experience.

I trust Lebby?s judgment - seems like he is ready for this moment and knows what he is about.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Our alumni and fan base prove me right every time. We are exactly who I thought we are and our own worst enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We are who we thought we are!! You would think it would get better over time...I think it's getting worse lately.
    Exactly right. It?s disgusting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post

Dude apparently has 6 Natty rings. I looked at his wiki page.

vCash
    when you hire a coach that is contending for a NC, I think you just know that as a coach he is going to finish his commitment to that goal. As long as he understands he is going to also be required to put in the effort in doing what he needs to do to not hurt his new team there should be no issue with it. When first hired, there was alot of smoke about him from our fan base...it was refreshing tho to see a portion of our fans actually go do their homework on the guy..hopefully through this the other portion learn to do the same.

vCash
    Any buzz on the last slot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    Any buzz on the last slot?
    The only name I've heard is Liberty's ST coach who also coaches OLB.

vCash
    Looks like the staff is complete.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...e_BbUlDXw&s=19

vCash
    They may turn out to be gangbusters, but this is a pretty boring staff at least on paper. Not a ton of experience or big names.

Lebby is rolling with his guys. We'll see how it goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    They may turn out to be gangbusters, but this is a pretty boring staff at least on paper. Not a ton of experience or big names.

Lebby is rolling with his guys. We'll see how it goes.
    What would be less boring? You want him to hire a magician on staff to excite people? Maybe find a spot on staff for Sinbad? Couple of circus clowns?