Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I know it is early but we are fans so what is floor and ceiling W-L next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy_RoadDawg View Post
    5-7/7-5- i hope Parson already has the playbook in hand. This is going to be a great offense for him to run.
    Hope he's here to run it in 25....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I think you are spot on with 8-4 ceiling. 6-6 (competitive games) would not be a huge disappointment. I do not see us falling short of 6-6. Arnett and Co almost had us there and we had one of the worst offenses in modern day football that I have seen.
    We had a shockingly easy schedule to have an SEC schedule this year, plus we are losing a ton of players. How many OL that actually played significant minutes this year are coming back? Without assuming we just clean up in the portal, I would assume 6-6 is more of our ceiling.

Hopefully Eastern Kentucky and Umass are gimmes. Toledo won 11 games this year and played Illinois close, so I'm not sure they will be a gimme. I don't think any P5 school will count as a gimme for us next year but at least ASU was bad this year.

But even assuming we go 4-0, I don't know how many winnable games we can expect on the schedule.

You would think UGA, A&M, UTenn and UTex would be more talented than us next year based on the ability to be competitive in the portal.

Have to be able to be Arkansas at home so I would think 5 wins is easily in play. After that? UF should be talented even if Dollar Store Mullen isn't great at using the talent. What are Ole Miss and Missouri bringing back?

Unless they are losing a ton, I just don't see many teams we played closely that it seems likely will be losing as much as we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    That is the absolute worst time to make a prediction... especially since we're competing against ourselves.

Best thing we can hear out of spring practice is that neither side of the ball is doing better than the other. The worst is to hear that the offense is humming or that the defense is flying around the ball.
    I selected this time as we will know pretty much what the roster will look like after recruiting and have a better idea what offense/defense is installed. There is no perfect time to make a prediction. It's just for kicks and giggles.

vCash
    6-6 low
    9-3 high

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We're good. Now I know for once in my life I one upped an English major!! First and last time for everything!!
    Cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I selected this time as we will know pretty much what the roster will look like after recruiting and have a better idea what offense/defense is installed. There is no perfect time to make a prediction. It's just for kicks and giggles.
    I gotcha! It always fascinates me though that spring brings hope and it never fails that reports out of camp get folks wooly, when in reality we have no idea how we will fare against someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    really hard to make this call before we see what is added to the roster. We are losing a helluva lot of guys
    ^^^^^^

vCash
    5-7 low and 8-4 high. I only say that because Egg Bowl can be extremely unpredictable