Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know it is early but we are fans so what is floor and ceiling W-L next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    The SEC schedule is not helpful:

Arkansas
    Florida
    Missouri
    Texas A&M
    @Georgia
    @Tennessee
    @Texas
    @bears

Not the worst home schedule, Arkansas definitely considered a win. The other 3 are probably toss ups at best, depending on how those teams improve through the portal. The road games will be tough.
    I actually would add Florida with Arkansas for the definite win as well. Florida's defense may not be any better next year.

ETA: Win all our OOC games and beat OM, FL and Ark. 7-5 and good first season for a new head coach.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 11-28-2023 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Poll us after Spring practice. Will have a better idea then.
    That is the absolute worst time to make a prediction... especially since we're competing against ourselves.

Best thing we can hear out of spring practice is that neither side of the ball is doing better than the other. The worst is to hear that the offense is humming or that the defense is flying around the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I actually would add Florida with Arkansas for the definite win as well. Florida's defense may not be any better next year.

ETA: Win all our OOC games and beat OM, FL, and Ark. 7-5 and good first season for a new head coach.
    I would expect Florida to be better next year. They will be adding a bunch of talent and most of the talent on their roster is young. That won't be an easy W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I would expect Florida to be better next year. They will be adding a bunch of talent and most of the talent on their roster is young. That won't be an easy W.
    Maybe if Billy finds his coaching pills.

vCash
    Maybe if Billy finds his coaching pills.
    True. Jimbo had the highest rated class of all time and won 7 games with it.

vCash
    Going 7-5. 8-4 if Gabriel comes, think having QB that knows the system is an extra win.

vCash
    Very little delta t next year
    Floor=5 wins
    Ceiling=7 wins

vCash
    5-7 vs 7-5

vCash

ETA: Win all our OOC games and beat OM, FL and Ark. 7-5 and good first season for a new head coach.
    How is Fla a definite win?? I promise you they have more talent on their CURRENT roster coming. Back than we do. They get the same opportunity of getting help in the portal as we do. Definitely not a certainty. When I see the rosters I'll get back on possibly. Man I think Lebby will be good, in time. With patience. But for us to win 6 games he's going to have to kill the portal and keep most of our current good ones. That's a tall tall task. I'll give the man some latitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    How is Fla a definite win?? I promise you they have more talent on their CURRENT roster coming. Back than we do. They get the same opportunity of getting help in the portal as we do. Definitely not a certainty. When I see the rosters I'll get back on possibly. Man I think Lebby will be good, in time. With patience. But for us to win 6 games he's going to have to kill the portal and keep most of our current good ones. That's a tall tall task. I'll give the man some latitude.
    Dude, you really need to switch to decaf or up your Prozac. This is all just fanciful "What If?" right now. That's the point of this whole thread. No one knows what will happen next year. Just enjoy the euphoric possibilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    really hard to make this call before we see what is added to the roster. We are losing a helluva lot of guys
    No Kidding, this tread is proof that propaganda is a powerful tool. There are more holes than baby swiss right now.

vCash
    Dude, you really need to switch to decaf or up your Prozac. This is all just fanciful "What If?" right now. That's the point of this whole thread. No one knows what will happen next year. Just enjoy the euphoric possibilities.
    Dude. You said definite. Either you need to redefine the word definite or don't use it. Or just Don't be pissed when you get called w such and outlandish post. Dude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Dude. You said definite. Either you need to redefine the word definite or don't use it. Or just Don't be pissed when you get called w such and outlandish post. Dude
    Please remove the 2x4 from your ass. Dude.

Man, every thing in this thread is pure speculation. Maybe you shouldn't take things so literal on a message board.

Just breath.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 11-28-2023 at 04:01 PM.

vCash

Man, every thing in this thread is pure speculation. Maybe you shouldn't take things so literal on a message board.

Just breath.
    You said Florida was a definite win? That is next level gaslighting to play it off as him having a stick up his ass when he called you out on it. You can't know Florida's roster nor ours very well to make such an asinine statement.

vCash

Just breath.
    Cool. I don't use the words like definite in a speculative. But you do you. I'm breathing fine. You're the one who got all bent outta shape. I made my point you don't like the fact I'm not bouncing off the walls having us in the playoffs I guess whatever. Carry on pal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    You said Florida was a definite win? That is next level gaslighting to play it off as him having a stick up his ass when he called you out on it. You can't know Florida's roster nor ours very well to make such an asinine statement.
    Yeah it's my fault. I didn't call the dude a name. I quoted his response. Guess it's ok for him to say as he like but I shouldn't respond w a civil repost. But whatever to each his own. I'm cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Okay, I'm done. I'm not getting into an argument with y'all.

I should not have used the word definite. As an English major I should have known better and picked my words more carefully.

Now, can we all be friends again?

vCash
    Just judging by who I expect they bring in and barring any surprises good or bad:

Floor: 5-7

Ceiling: 9-3

vCash
    Okay, I'm done. I'm not getting into an argument with y'all.

I should not have used the word definite. As an English major I should have known better and picked my words more carefully.

Now, can we all be friends again?

We're good. Now I know for once in my life I one upped an English major!! First and last time for everything!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I think considering the following factors: 1. How we do in the portal because we are losing a ton of experience. 2. How fast we pick up the new offense and defense. 3. How well the staff gels.

Floor 5-7: 4 non-conf. and 1 of UPIG or FL at home.

Ceiling 8-4: 4 non-conf. w/ UPIG, FL and 2 of Ole Miss, aTm or Mizzou.
    5-7/7-5- i hope Parson already has the playbook in hand. This is going to be a great offense for him to run.