Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear MSU old head fans, #SwagisState is here & get used to it!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    PSA to all old head MSU fans who are WAYYY to conservative, way too traditional, way too old head mentality of woe is mittittipi state: GTFO and understand this:

1. You old heads say you want better recruiting? then new coach comes in with fire/passion/new mentality and says something that rattles your conservative/traditional/scared/blue hair mentality, you know what? GTFO & enjoy the ride!
    2. You old heads say you want better product on the field? then new coach comes in with a vision & slogan for the program, but you old heads think its too much, you know what? GTFO & enjoy this ride!
    3. Dear old heads: This slogan IS NOT FOR YOU!!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    4. Dear old heads: YOU DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND the slogan!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    5. Dear old heads: Your 1970s, 80s & 90s time has come & gone, we don't need your old/scared mentality to continue to be Debbie downer and bad juju on our program. GTFO & enjoy the ride!
    6. Sick of these conservative morons trying to say: "Get rid of it" "Why this slogan?" - GTFO & enjoy the ride!
    7. We're using this slogan for RECRUITING! None of you old heads understand recruiting!
    8. We're using this slogan for our STUDENTS! None of you old heads understand students!
    9. We're using this slogan for SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & BRANDING! None of you old heads understand the $ value of social media trending, web traffic, likes, clicks = BETTER RECRUITING, MORE STUDENTS!!
    10. You old heads say you want a better NIL? then get out of the way & allow this slogan!
    11. You old heads say you want players from the transfer portal? then stay out of the way & allow this slogan!
    12. Its a new day at MSU & you old heads don't need to understand it, just stay out of the way & enjoy this ride!
    13. SICK & TIRED of explaining this to our old ppl, just accept it, stop complaining to me with your traditional/conservative/scared attitudes!
    14. Just promise me this, when your old eyes & old minds read #SwagisState - let your attitude be RECRUITING, STUDENTS, NIL$, TRANSFER PORTAL & SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    I'm not sure what you are talking about. I don't see any old, blue hair people doing anything negative. What have they done?

Stop with the war on old or blue hair people. This is ridiculous. Respect your elders. Many of these guys have paid the bills at MSU for years. They brought some of the best years ever to MSU.
    Everyone can have an opinion. Step up and pay your way if you want seats at the decision table.

BTW I am not old and blue haired (I'm middle aged but I ain't old).

vCash
    I think we are being out "Cooled" these days. Got to change and evolve. Or MSU is going to become Texas A&M, in terms of Lame. Being "Cool" is low cost. You can't out-spend TAM Football or Tennessee Football, but you could easily out-Personality those places.

Right before our eyes, Tony Vitello built a Cooler and very successful baseball program. Vitello did it without a nice stadium, without a tradition of winning, horrible uniforms, horrible school colors, and with Vanderbilt offering unlimited scholly's in his state.

Semi-Off Topic. This is also a reason to dump Adidas. This sponsor makes MSU look just like TAM. The "cool" move is to have Lululemon, North Face, or Patagonia design the side-line swag. Be totally different from the Nike-Addidas Complex. To my daughters, "Addidas" is like wearing "Lee" or "Wrangler" to my generation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawggoneit View Post
    PSA to those young dumb punks that think they know everything, when mommy and daddy give you money for the NIL it's not for a new video game or a vegan soy latte.
    When you're sitting in their basement reading social media, remember they're the ones that built the program.
    Those old fans that "need to get out of the way" have been fans through the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, on to the present. They seen the worst days and have stuck by this program.
    #SwagIsState is because those conservative/traditional/old mentality/scared old fans have made it so.
    All those whiny little wanna be fans need to just sit back and enjoy what the old loyal fans provide for them.
    Nailed it. Rep given. These type attitudes on OP are the ones that will have their parents put down when they need care later in life. We have lost our way in our world. Entitled and disrespect by those coming up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    You've never worked with a large group before. There is this thing called the 80/20 rule. 20% of the people of a group will do 80% of the work. You will never ever get all 100% agreeing in harmony with the entirety of a plan. What you want is whatever part the individual will agree on, working toward that function. That way people from all walks of life and beliefs can work together for the whole benefit of the group. It will never be a complete synergy among every individual but you can move forward as one. And no, the program is not just about any one group it's about the whole including alum, fans, kids, players, coaches, students...old and young alike.
    Yes, this man GETS IT! I can understand this. This smart post makes me eat my humble pie. Want to now say sorry. Apologies to my older fans, my post was probably way over the top rope, lol. Was probably too mad & caught up in some of the social media responses on my page, so apologies again guys, my bad. Thanks Really Clark for the 80/20 mention...

vCash
    Hey kid. When you get through playing with your phone, I need a bag of ice and a couple of Powerball tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think we are being out "Cooled" these days. Got to change and evolve. Or MSU is going to become Texas A&M, in terms of Lame. Being "Cool" is low cost. You can't out-spend TAM Football or Tennessee Football, but you could easily out-Personality those places.

Right before our eyes, Tony Vitello built a Cooler and very successful baseball program. Vitello did it without a nice stadium, without a tradition of winning, horrible uniforms, horrible school colors, and with Vanderbilt offering unlimited scholly's in his state.

Semi-Off Topic. This is also a reason to dump Adidas. This sponsor makes MSU look just like TAM. The "cool" move is to have Lululemon, North Face, or Patagonia design the side-line swag. Be totally different from the Nike-Addidas Complex. To my daughters, "Addidas" is like wearing "Lee" or "Wrangler" to my generation.
    I could not agree more about the Adidas piece. Their gear is terrible. I would be onboard with Jordan.

Side note - I cannot afford Lululemon. My wife took me in there one time and I bout fell over. If the gear looks good though, I may splurge a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Nailed it. Rep given. These type attitudes on OP are the ones that will have their parents put down when they need care later in life. We have lost our way in our world. Entitled and disrespect by those coming up.
    def would never want my parents put down & respect them very much & will always take care of them, its my duty. Again, can understand the 80/20 rule and how it was explained by ReallyClark. Sorry again my (older) guys...as my msu grandad says, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What are you ignorantly talking about? Those are facts. The older generated are the ones who are invested emotionally, passionately about winning and without a doubt financially more than this gibberish you are talking about. You want to shout about it like a child, they have actually worked and invested to make it happen. Including NIL. They are the beasts putting their money where their mouths are.
    This may be true but one thing is certain, Mississippi State needs to attract students and players who are young. Slogans are propaganda designed to target it's audience. You are not the target audience, you (we) are the ones funding it to attract the students and players. Don't be the one to slow progress by hating what that generation loves. We need them for the future, guys like us are already invested, we don't need a slogan.

vCash
    Didn't read past the first couple. I'm not an old head. But congrats for DA post of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    I could not agree more about the Adidas piece. Their gear is terrible. I would be onboard with Jordan.

Side note - I cannot afford Lululemon. My wife took me in there one time and I bout fell over. If the gear looks good though, I may splurge a bit.
    Here's the issue people miss w adidas, last time Nike offered us a deal ir wasn't even close to the adidas one. Not close. You can WANT to go to Nike but you have to be wanted back. And we will never ever be Jordan. Ever. Adidas has plenty of issues, that's not debatable, but we are at least wanted by them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

OMG The Federalist Enginner GETS IT!!! I could not agree more about Addidas! It is stale, out-dated & nobody wears it. We need a fresh/clean look. Must dump Adidas, and go with Lul, North Face or Patagonia or get onboard with Jordan wear which is in style, in fashion, trending and IS FRESH/CLEAN!!! This is about branding, marketing, social media clicks. The more clicks you get, the more $$$ we can generate in NIL & transfer portal & recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Here's the issue people miss w adidas, last time Nike offered us a deal ir wasn't even close to the adidas one. Not close. You can WANT to go to Nike but you have to be wanted back. And we will never ever be Jordan. Ever. Adidas has plenty of issues, that's not debatable, but we are at least wanted by them.
    ^This. I don't understand the Adidas hate. Everyone else pretty much has Nike. I'd rather be different.

vCash
    My two cents and all it's worth as an old blue head (61). I don't have a problem with the slogan #SwagIsState, but I'm not sure I get the entire message. So, I think it is reasonable to ask for an explanation.

For example, I'm sure someone at Budweiser thought it was a good idea to put Dylan Mulvaney's picture on a few cans of beer to reach a targeted audience (Millenials or Gen Z), not sure which. However, without explanation, I think we can all agree it backfired big time.

And one thing I've learned from Sharktank is that if you have to spend a lot of money explaining it, it's not good marketing.

So if we are going to use it and you want buy in from old blue heads, you better be able to explain it because they/we have every right to not support something we don't agree with such as "transgenderism" (going back to the Budweiser example).

So, what does #SwagIsState mean to you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I get it. I am sure Adidas does a lot for us and wants us, all that jazz. This is about recruits and players. Look good, feel good, play good. Adidas doesn't excite anyone. I cannot remember the last time I actually bought a piece of Adidas performance wear that was not Mississippi State - and normally I talk myself out of buying that because it looks and feels terrible to wear.

vCash
    I remember during the Croom years when there was an argument about wearing uniforms like Oregon - colorful, eye catching - and it was the same thing. The younger folks, me at the time, and the older folks were at odds. The older folks just didn't see the "cool factor". They wanted throwback 70's uniforms b/c that's what they saw and loved when they were young. Times change, cool changes too. It's time to be cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDawg View Post
    My two cents and all it's worth as an old blue head (61). I don't have a problem with the slogan #SwagIsState, but I'm not sure I get the entire message. So, I think it is reasonable to ask for an explanation.

For example, I'm sure someone at Budweiser thought it was a good idea to put Dylan Mulvaney's picture on a few cans of beer to reach a targeted audience (Millenials or Gen Z), not sure which. However, without explanation, I think we can all agree it backfired big time.

And one thing I've learned from Sharktank is that if you have to spend a lot of money explaining it, it's not good marketing.

So if we are going to use it and you want buy in from old blue heads, you better be able to explain it because they/we have every right to not support something we don't agree with such as "transgenderism" (going back to the Budweiser example).

It really doesn't make sense. That is why I find it cringey.

SWAG stands for Stuff We All Get. (Gear, gifts and what not)
    Swagger is different. It is a persona of confidence and the way you carry yourself.

vCash
    Bottom line is the parents did not teach this petulant child respect for others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense. That is why I find it cringey.

SWAG stands for Stuff We All Get. (Gear, gifts and what not)
    Swagger is different. It is a persona of confidence and the way you carry yourself.
    That isnt what swag means lol

I get it is used synonymously as free stuff, but when a recruit says something like ?state got that swag? after a visit everyone knows what that means

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    That isnt what swag means lol
    That is exactly what it means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDawg View Post

Lebby explained it: He was referencing back in the days of Jackie Sherrill or Mullen too - he said MSU or STATE was putting all these defensive players in the NFL and those defenses played with "Swagger" or "Confident Moxy" or certain Confidence and those defenses were feared (Jackie & JoeLeeDunn days - think Ashley Cooper or Robert Bean or Fred Smoot) and carried themselves with "Swagger" or "Swag". In short, Lebby wants to bring back that Swagger mentality from Jackie & Mullen years of the tough, hard nose, physical, intimidating defense but carry that over into the whole football program and not just stop at defense. When I think of MSU Swagger, I think of Ashley Cooper, Robert Bean, Fred Smoot. Lebby just termed the "Swagger" as #SwagIsState and bring back that mentality.

Does this make sense? seriously wanted to explain this and not trying to be an ass, really want you to understand it...