Thread: Selmon gets it

vCash

Selmon gets it

Just compare our hire and introduction to some of these old-timer stuffy introductions (TAMU). College athletics isn't just changing, it has changed already. At State we need to be doing things differently to drive interest and excitement not just for fans but also for potential players. At first I thought it was corny but it makes a lot of sense what he is doing.

Great job recognizing we needed change and going out there and doing it without sitting on his hands. Lebby may end up being a bust, but he brings potential for what both recruits and fans want here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Just compare our hire and introduction to some of these old-timer stuffy introductions (TAMU). College athletics isn't just changing, it has changed already. At State we need to be doing things differently to drive interest and excitement not just for fans but also for potential players. At first I thought it was corny but it makes a lot of sense what he is doing.

Great job recognizing we needed change and going out there and doing it without sitting on his hands. Lebby may end up being a bust, but he brings potential for what both recruits and fans want here.
    They did a great job. I saw several blue hairs on Facebook pissed about it and then saw the excitement on here so I finally watched it. This may be looked as the month that our program finally committed and takes the next step. The proof is in the pudding next September but the signs are hopeful so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    They did a great job. I saw several blue hairs on Facebook pissed about it and then saw the excitement on here so I finally watched it. This may be looked as the month that our program finally committed and takes the next step. The proof is in the pudding next September but the signs are hopeful so far.
    I don't understand people being mad about it, regardless of age. I'm 56 and very old school. I thought it was badass and had me jumping up and down in front of my team at work yelling "Let's goooo"!!!!!!
    Haha!

vCash
    Players want money and a chance to play in the NFL. Don?t get it twisted that they care about anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I don't understand people being mad about it, regardless of age. I'm 56 and very old school. I thought it was badass and had me jumping up and down in front of my team at work yelling "Let's goooo"!!!!!!
    Haha!
    I'm bluer-hair than you (with what I have left), I'm 57 and thought it was bad-ass! You have to look at it in the perspective for who it was for. Last night was driven toward 18-20 years olds to get their eyes on the program. The problem with a LOT of blue-hairs is that they only look at things from their own perspective. If it were meant for us blue-hairs, they would have had the press conference at some fish house on bingo night.

vCash
    I want to publicly apologize to Selmon for asking ?where is he? this year. Dude just made a grand entrance and I?m excited to see how he transforms the AD.

Also, something i realized in this process. Even if you have great contacts and sources in the NFL and CFB, they are still people with their own biases. Take their opinions with a grain of salt. I was pouting about wanting a sitting HC, but Lebby and Selmon have sold me. Let?s roll.

vCash
    I saw several blue hairs on Facebook pissed about it"

Prove it.

vCash
    What could the blue hairs possibly been upset about other than they had to sit outside in the cold if they attended live?

It was flashy. It was fun. It was better than a boring normal press conference.

vCash
    The poor ole state way of doing things is dead and gone!
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I saw several blue hairs on Facebook pissed about it"

Prove it.
    When I get back to the office I’ll see if I can dig back through Facebook. It wasn’t many but most of them couldn’t spell well and were talking nonsense. Maybe trolls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    When I get back to the office I’ll see if I can dig back through Facebook. It wasn’t many but most of them couldn’t spell well and were talking nonsense. Maybe trolls?
    Sounds like OM Fans
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I'm bluer-hair than you (with what I have left), I'm 57 and thought it was bad-ass! You have to look at it in the perspective for who it was for. Last night was driven toward 18-20 years olds to get their eyes on the program. The problem with a LOT of blue-hairs is that they only look at things from their own perspective. If it were meant for us blue-hairs, they would have had the press conference at some fish house on bingo night.
    Damn man…. 50’s isn’t blue hair! That’s still young. That’s the new 40’s. Let’s not call your 50’s blue hair. Haha

vCash
    I didn't see any negative stuff about last night or the hiring of Lebby. Quit bashing Blue Hairs, one day hopefully some of you guys will be in this elite group, don't make me send some of you guys to the train station**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Sounds like OM Fans
    Bruh, we struck a nerve with this hire. They ain't happy we hired Lebby.

vCash
    I think Coach Lebby came up with a new shirt/slogan idea. “Hail State and Let’s Go”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Bruh, we struck a nerve with this hire. They ain't happy we hired Lebby.
    I still say he was their next-up if Kiffin bolts to UF when Sunbelt Billy gets canned next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    If it were meant for us blue-hairs, they would have had the press conference at some fish house on bingo night.
    I do love a good hush puppy.