Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: don't be stupid C34, its in the contract, NO AB on campus, FB offices or at games

vCash

don't be stupid C34, its in the contract, NO AB on campus, FB offices or at games

Ok ok C34, don't be stupid. Jeff Lebby knows & has been publicly open about it being a mistake that his FIL Art Briles was in the stands with all the other family/parents during that episode at Oklahoma. He admitted it, said it was addressed, discussed and it won't ever happen again.

Selmon & President Keenum put it in Lebby's contract about the No contact w/AB on campus or in the FB office's or at games how it might negatively impact public perception. Trust me, both Lebby & Art know the contract exactly and it won't be happening PERIOD. Art doesn't not want to jeopardize his daughter or their grandkids or his SIL. MSU will never have to worry about this, Lebby knows his duties as a head coach and to not to make the same mistake he did at Oklahoma (again Art was sitting with all the other families and parents).

Now, what Art does in his own home, in the interest of his SIL and doing it in his own home, is his business and we can do nothing about. Just like any other father in law trying to help his family, I'm sure he might look at film or give advice on the phone IN HIS OWN DAMN HOME. This is a free country by the way.

C34 all this talk about Art buying a house in StarkVegas or being on campus or watching film in the FB offices - is pure BUNK and horse shit and will never happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    Ok ok C34, don't be stupid. Jeff Lebby knows & has been publicly open about it being a mistake that his FIL Art Briles was in the stands with all the other family/parents during that episode at Oklahoma. He admitted it, said it was addressed, discussed and it won't ever happen again.

Selmon & President Keenum put it in Lebby's contract about the No contact w/AB on campus or in the FB office's or at games how it might negatively impact public perception. Trust me, both Lebby & Art know the contract exactly and it won't be happening PERIOD. Art doesn't not want to jeopardize his daughter or their grandkids or his SIL. MSU will never have to worry about this, Lebby knows his duties as a head coach and to not to make the same mistake he did at Oklahoma (again Art was sitting with all the other families and parents).

Now, what Art does in his own home, in the interest of his SIL and doing it in his own home, is his business and we can do nothing about. Just like any other father in law trying to help his family, I'm sure he might look at film or give advice on the phone IN HIS OWN DAMN HOME. This is a free country by the way.

C34 all this talk about Art buying a house in StarkVegas or being on campus or watching film in the FB offices - is pure BUNK and horse shit and will never happen.

vCash
    I guess I'm not clear about what happened in that incident at Oklahoma. Did Lebby make some kind of contact with AB while he was in the stands or on campus? I can't imagine it would be that big a deal if Briles was just sitting in the stands, because as the OP said, it's a free country. I could see how it might raise some eyebrows and affect public perception though.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I guess I'm not clear about what happened in that incident at Oklahoma. Did Lebby make some kind of contact with AB while he was in the stands or on campus? I can't imagine it would be that big a deal if Briles was just sitting in the stands, because as the OP said, it's a free country. I could see how it might raise some eyebrows and affect public perception though.
    Yea there's almost zero chance that they put "Art Briles can't get his own ticket & sit in the stands" in his contract.
    Last edited by 662dawg; 11-27-2023 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    He was on the field, in OU gear, taking photos with Lebby and the rest of the family after a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    He was on the field, in OU gear, taking photos with Lebby and the rest of the family after a game.
    Not a big deal

vCash
    The virtue signaling brigade couldn't stand for that.

vCash
    I hope he roams the flipping sidelines with a damn cowbell now

vCash
    It's his Father in Law. The grandfather of his children. He will be in Starkville plenty. He'll be at State football games supporting his daughter's husband!!!! We all need to leave this subject alone. It's over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's his Father in Law. The grandfather of his children. He will be in Starkville plenty. He'll be at State football games supporting his daughter's husband!!!! We all need to leave this subject alone. It's over.
    This is my stance as well....
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 11-27-2023 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Yea there's no almost zero chance that they put "Art Briles can't get his own ticket & sit in the stands" in his contract.
    Who cares. As long as he isn?t getting sidelines passes and hanging out in the locker room post game. Honestly I dont care but some posters on here head would explode if that happened I guess

vCash
    Well, I could see how that might attract some attention, but it's also likely that people were reading too much into it. But it certainly would be better not to have him on the sidelines at all, which is why I'm sure MSU is addressing it in his contract. Thanks for the explanation.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post

Shut the **** up.

Banned
    vCash
    This!!!

vCash
    100%

vCash
    Absolutely, well said.

vCash
    ok woof. Glad to hear the police has his pic and will shoot on site if he penetrates the city limits
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Him not being allowed on the field after the game does seem excessive.

Banned
    vCash
    The virtue signalers got their 15 minutes.

I hope Lebby leverages the **** out of AB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Yea there's almost zero chance that they put "Art Briles can't get his own ticket & sit in the stands" in his contract.
    Agree - putting something in a contract about something he really can't control doesn't seem possible.