Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Selmon

vCash

Kudos to Selmon

Lot of emotional posts going around here mid season saying how Selmon was a terrible hire and had no balls. I think he handled this very well, he pulled the trigger late season when it was obvious, kept the search very close until the past 24 hours, and got a very strong candidate. We will see if he works out but so far very impressed with him.

Imagine if we let Arnett go Friday morning and did not have a head start on all the other openings? Imagine Kiffin (dont think this does happen) goes to A&M and they pull Lebby instead of us. Good job by Zac

vCash
    He better hope it works. He had to use his hole card when nothing else worked out. This one's on him, good or bad. I like Zac so hope it works for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    He better hope it works. He had to use his hole card when nothing else worked out. This one's on him, good or bad. I like Zac so hope it works for him.
    You have no idea if what you are saying is true.

vCash
    Lord. Give it up

vCash
    At the end of the day it's all a crapshoot, who knows what will happen with a new coach. Mullen was an OC who turned out good for us. Jomo and Arnett were both coordinators too and it didn't turn out so good. Zac made a solid hire, not my first choice but Lebby can put a good offense on the field, hopefully that translates well

vCash
    Frankly, you have no idea what you?re talking about it bud.

vCash
    this

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    You have no idea how wrong you are. Zac got his guy, whether you like it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    You have no idea if what you are saying is true.
    We missed on 4-5 guys. You arent being honest or you are dumb if you dont realize that. Chadwell, the Kansas coach, and others said no thank you. A&M is hiring their 8-9 choice and BDork's job is in jeapordy because of it.

But this can absolutely be a really good hire and here we go.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We missed on 4-5 guys. You arent being honest or you are dumb if you dont realize that. Chadwell, the Kansas coach, and others said no thank you. A&M is hiring their 8-9 choice and BDork's job is in jeapordy because of it.

Again, you don?t know that. It seemed pretty clear Chadwell was our first choice initially. After that we are all speculating. I would imagine the Kansas coach also would have been above Lebby but again, NOBODY ON THIS BOARD KNOWS THAT. If I had to guess I would say Lebby was Selmons third option, but his first realistic one.

vCash

I am sure this is true to some extent. But is anyone delusional enough to think Lebby was our #1 hire over any coach in the country? So then all it comes down to is who you reached out to. If we reached out to Saban, Smart, Dabo, and Harbaugh, then even if we hired Chadwell he would be at best our 5th option. Leipold was never coming here, Chadwell may have been some slim possibility but unlikely. You still have to reach out to them, but it does not mean you got turned down by all kinds of realistic candidates.

vCash
    Ha. Dude hired his fall back from his old employer.

...and he is already asking for more money. NO! Your boy has a lot of work to do, first.

vCash
    How is it any AD's fault when they are told no? Unless they don't offer the entire financial package from the get go there's really nothing else they can do but go on to the next one on the list.

vCash
    donate now

vCash

I don't know if you can say we really missed. I look at a miss when they say no to you and go elsewhere. Most if not all those coaches are remaining at their current schools.

vCash
    We may be getting to a point where coaches are going to stay put more often when they are safe and are making good money. I told friends that Chadwell would be crazy to leave Liberty when they were going to match what we offered. How much pressure is he going to get from a Christian University compared to an SEC job? He can hang out at Liberty making big money and wait on a big job that is easier to win at if he wants to take on the pressure.

Look at A&M. They apparently had a hell of a time finding someone to take that job and it pays big and comes with a lot of advantages.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

No offense but Bjorks job should have been on the chopping block right along with Jimbo regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    We may be getting to a point where coaches are going to stay put more often when they are safe and are making good money. I told friends that Chadwell would be crazy to leave Liberty when they were going to match what we offered. How much pressure is he going to get from a Christian University compared to an SEC job? He can hang out at Liberty making big money and wait on a big job that is easier to win at if he wants to take on the pressure.

Look at A&M. They apparently had a hell of a time finding someone to take that job and it pays big and comes with a lot of advantages.
    A&M comes with a heapin' heppin' load of disadvantages too. And, yes, some coaches will remain in a 'softer' place. But don't really want those anyway. We want those who believe they can win on the big stage and are up to the challenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Ha. Dude hired his fall back from his old employer.

...and he is already asking for more money. NO! Your boy has a lot of work to do, first.
    J.F.C....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    No offense but Bjorks job should have been on the chopping block right along with Jimbo regardless.
    He has to be feeling the pressure.