Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lebby QB targets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If Dillon Gabriel transfers to us for 2024 (which I doubt), 7-5 would be a disappointment.
    OK went 6-6 with Gabriel last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Defense was the issue last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Defense was the issue last year.
    Have you looked at our projected defensive depth chart for next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I don't think putting the expectation of a 7-5 season on Lebby is fair, considering all the key pieces we are losing to graduation, not even counting the portal.

Schedule next year is tough.

Obviously a good QB will really help the transition, but our OL and DL/LB need to be completely rebuilt. That is expensive in the portal. Also, we can't just abandon HS recruiting NIL.
    what's our current Oline?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Nonetheless, Gabriel as a 6th year senior in his 3rd year with Lebby should aim higher than 7-5 in the unlikely event he comes here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    what's our current Oline?
    The guys that play OL that are currently on our roster that are eligible to play next year.

You know Percy Lewis and his six starts, and a bunch of guys that have barely played.

vCash
    Our OL should be back to serviceable next year. Idk wtf was going on this year. They?ve been in rather top quarter of the SEC the last 2 years. Barbay, Friend, and Schmidt have no business being offensive coaches after that shit product they put on the field this year.

Clements is a massive upgrade. We still need to grab 1 or 2 in the portal. I know we are on a massive kid from Yale I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Our OL should be back to serviceable next year. Idk wtf was going on this year. They?ve been in rather top quarter of the SEC the last 2 years. Barbay, Friend, and Schmidt have no business being offensive coaches after that shit product they put on the field this year.

Clements is a massive upgrade. We still need to grab 1 or 2 in the portal. I know we are on a massive kid from Yale I believe.
    Our OL was not the problem this year. QB had plenty of time to throw.

The playcalling was atrocious. I would have loved Lebby coaching this past years team, we win 3 more games with him and his system.

vCash
    Max Johnson from A&M in the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Max Johnson from A&M in the portal.
    Pass